Thread: Missouri State Park campsite fee increase

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Exclamation Missouri State Park campsite fee increase

FYI:
    I get emails from Missouri State Parks regularly and this news release is what I received today(11/09/2018).

Roger

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Missouri State Parks announces $2 rate increase for campsites with electricity

JEFFERSON CITY, MO, NOV. 9, 2018 – In response to campers’ request for more electric sites and more sites with higher amperage, Missouri State Parks is raising its rates for campsites with electricity. For arrivals beginning May 1, 2019, campers will see a $2 per night increase for all on-season campsites with electricity. Basic campsite rates will remain at $13 per night, and off-season rates will remain the same.

On-season is generally April through October but varies around the state parks. This is the first rate increase Missouri State Parks has implemented since 2013.

“The rate increase will help fund various electrification projects, including upgrading electrical service to 50 amp and repairing and replacing electrical systems,” said Ben Ellis, director of MoDNR's Division of State Parks. “We want to address the power issues that have resulted in closure of some campsites and better meet our customers’ needs.”

For more information on state parks and historic sites, visit mostateparks.com. Missouri State Parks is a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

Re: Missouri State Park campsite fee increase

well at least they are going to upgrade, Illinois doubled their rates last time and did no improvements except to state pensions.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

I once camped in Ar. for free, a clean-up crew came by
    each morning, raked campsites, cleaned the restrooms.

I was impressed, but it was when Clinton was the Gov. of the state.
    So long time ago.

I have to pay to launch my boat, at some ramps. I think that stinks. I live in Mo.
    So I have to pay to play. lol

Buttset from Mo.

We stayed at the new Johnson Shutins campground 2 years ago for free, rolled in around 7 pm and no one around to pay and left at 7 am and still no one around.