Thread: Ozark Trail Tee Pee Tent

Ozark Trail Tee Pee Tent

This is newest Ozark Trail Tee Pee tent from wally world.
    This is the second one of the I have had. The first one was an earlier version (red and discontinued) where the windows zipped up from the outside. I bought that tent while out west in Missoula, Mt. couple years ago while shopping for supplies at wally world. If I recall I only payed about $40 for it on sale, had never seen one before and thought it would be fun for the grandkids to play in. We actually used it several times while on our trip. Was sort of funny but we used it while camped on the indian reservation campground outside Glacier NP.

I paid $50 for this newer version. The windows zip up on the inside of tent, guy lines are attached to tent rather than to windows as in earlier version. I was looking for a tall tent, ran across a youtube video review of this tent where a guy put his roadstar mc in it while camping, our local store stocked it. I didn't know they had a newer version

For the price you can't beat it. I sprayed it down with silicon water sealer as leaking is a common complaint. I should have put seam sealer on due to some leaks around the seams near the floor after spending a couple days in the rain on recent trip. In the information about the tent it says "water resistant - not intended for inclement weather"

To put up the tent all you have to do is put 6 pegs in around the base of tent and then raise the tent and place the main pole up (shaped like an inverted V ) About as quick and easy to put up as any tent. If expecting any wind, storms, etc. it does have lines attached to tent you can stake down, I never have. Even camped outside Glacier when storm passed thru at night the tent did fine, just flapped a lot.

If raining then rain gets in tent when you open door so I put a tarp I had with me over the door when I knew it was going to rain a lot.

Here are a couple photos of tent from recent trip to Danier Boone NF. The tent is a tad big for bike but do able. See photo of tent on back seat of my vstrom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teepee_motorcycle_great_meadow.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	553.0 KB 
ID:	22707 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koomer_ridge.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	561.9 KB 
ID:	22708 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koomer_ridge2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	578.0 KB 
ID:	22709
    Meach and Maggie
    05 vtx1300
    07 RS Venture (RIP 2016)
    09 DL 650 VSTROM

Re: Ozark Trail Tee Pee Tent

Looks nice Meach. Can you really stand up in it? Love the picture
    of the bike in the tent.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Love the pic of the bike in the tent!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by GailForce View Post
    Looks nice Meach. Can you really stand up in it? Love the picture
    of the bike in the tent.
    Easily. The center of the tent is 7'6". Without the bike inside I can walk around standing up, problem is all my stuff in on the floor so I just crawl around. With bike in the tent I can lay/hang stuff on the bike. If I put the bike right in the center then there is room to walk on either side of bike in the tent and stand up.

It was sort of funny but I had my site set up before several scout troops came in for the weekend on friday afternoon, because of the rain I left the bike in the tent all day while I came and went on hikes. I got up Sat. morning and packed everything up while bike was still in tent then late morning I drove the bike out of the tent. Several guys came over while I was finishing loading up bike, they wanted to check out the bike, they had wondered why I had no car parked at my site.

Having the bike in the tent is a nice time to check the bike for any leaks, drips, etc as its easily noticed.