Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turtle

Turtle

Met a guy at the pa campout.his name is louray 86 years old .still riding ( scooter )an sleeping on the ground in a tent .I hope I can still do that . What an interesting guy .has anybody else meet him ?

Re: Turtle

Loved his stories this past weekend. Hope I can ride like that for years to come!

Oh yeah, many of us know Turtle. I too hope I am as able as he is when I am his age.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Known LuRay for years, been here to my house and Cindy and I have been to his. He and his wife used to ride a big Cavalcade and pull a camper.
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Site Supporter

thanks to you good people for your remarks.In spite of the rain I had a great time talking ,eating .lots of sitting,looking at your fancy rigs,and your bikes.NOW i can place faces with names.I had a hairy
    trip home taking me nine hours to go the 270 miles.rain all the way,plus the wind,two detours, low speeds. But my scoot got me home safe.I now have new friends and that is what makes my riding
    enjoyable and I plan to continue,but,no more tent camping.I plan to be at Blackwater in oct. but just a day trip,maybe a motel night.See you down the road.
    TURTLE
    TURTLE

Quote Originally Posted by LURAY View Post
    thanks to you good people for your remarks.In spite of the rain I had a great time talking ,eating .lots of sitting,looking at your fancy rigs,and your bikes.NOW i can place faces with names.I had a hairy
    trip home taking me nine hours to go the 270 miles.rain all the way,plus the wind,two detours, low speeds. But my scoot got me home safe.I now have new friends and that is what makes my riding
    enjoyable and I plan to continue,but,no more tent camping.I plan to be at Blackwater in oct. but just a day trip,maybe a motel night.See you down the road.
    TURTLE
    I look forward to seeing you again as I too plan on being at Blackwater

HarleyJack

Old post I C , hope I am still able years down the road , my main riding pard aside from wifey passed a way two and a half years ago , and he rode to the end .. He had just turned 77 , was still making cross country trips and did Alaska twice in one summer a couple years before he passed away .. We rode together for thirty years all across the country ... Keep it up ..
    2011 Harley Road Glide Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheBagger View Post
    Old post I C , hope I am still able years down the road , my main riding pard aside from wifey passed a way two and a half years ago , and he rode to the end .. He had just turned 77 , was still making cross country trips and did Alaska twice in one summer a couple years before he passed away .. We rode together for thirty years all across the country ... Keep it up ..
    It's tough when old riding and camping friends pass. Takes a lot of wind outa your sails. I guess ya gotta make new friends, but it can't be quite the same.
    We're not like this because we ride...we ride because we're like this

They say "Only the good die young" which might explain why LuRay has been around so long... Just kidding buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    They say "Only the good die young" which might explain why LuRay has been around so long... Just kidding buddy!
    I wish I'd said that.