Thread: Made reservation for Frances Slocum State Park

Made reservation for Frances Slocum State Park

Just made reservations for Frances Slocum State Park in PA. Heading up next weekend. Will be our first camping site this year. More info to follow.

Frances Slocum State Park consists of 1,035 acres in northeastern Pennsylvania’s Luzerne County.

The horseshoe shaped, 165-acre lake is popular for boating and fishing, and is a home to many species of birds, fish, and wildlife. Numerous hiking and mountain biking trails and the large day use area attract visitors to picnic and explore the forests.
    CAMPING
    Flush toilets, warm showers, electric hook-ups

A 100-site campground is available from the second Friday in April to the third Sunday in October.

This activity or structure is ADA accessible. There are 85 tent or trailer sites, some are ADA accessible and some have electric hookups.

The 15 walk-in tent sites offer additional privacy.

Each campsite contains a picnic table and fire ring.

Pets are permitted on designated sites.

Flush toilets, showers, drinking water, sanitary dump station, and boat launch are available.
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 55,000+ miles
    1995 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

Re: Made reservation for Frances Slocum State Park

My weekend is already planned or I would ride over for the day.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

The last time we stayed there the bugs were so bad I think I lost a pint of blood. I think every mosquito in the state was hiding out there, they must have been having their annual camp out there...
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

ILIKEYMYWING!
    (Threadstarter)

Had a very nice Fathers Day weekend at the park. My daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons came and joined us. Weather was perfect. Campground is very nice and yes there were mosquitoes there (there is a lake there). Nice swimming pool, boat rentals, playgrounds and lots of trails.