Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luci Light Version 2.0

Luci Light Version 2.0

Getting ready for the Ohio camp out in mid May and discovered one of my Luci Lights (originals) was working but very, very dull. Even less than low button. I ordered me a Luci Light v. 2.0. The biggest physical difference is the v2.0 has an indicator button that can show you how much charge is left and it is the ability to hang it from either end.

I charged it yesterday all day and had the indicator showing full. I then turned it on high at 10PM and left it running until 7AM. That is 9 total hours and it was on high. Per the indicator the charge is only 1/2 gone. So it appears they have also improved the storage capacity of the light.

I really like knowing how much charge is left. Added to the fact that it is small, light weight for a lighting device, and I don't need to worry about batteries, I am a happy girl.

Link to the v2.0

https://www.amazon.com/MPOWERD-Luci-...rds=luci+light
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

Re: Luci Light Version 2.0

Deb, I have about 12 of them and love them. I bought some badge clips that I put around the flap over the solar panel side and can hang them anywhere. I mostly have the multi colored ones.
    They really light up a campsite.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment-17.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	22206

If you would like some of the badge clips let me know. I will bring you some in May.

Jeff
    The deepest spot in Lake Superior, The largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
    Deb, I have about 12 of them and love them. I bought some badge clips that I put around the flap over the solar panel side and can hang them anywhere. I mostly have the multi colored ones.
    They really light up a campsite.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment-17.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	22206

If you would like some of the badge clips let me know. I will bring you some in May.

Jeff
    Thank you! I would love to try out the badge clips on them

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Thanks for the write up dkuriss!
    I remember seeing these lights advertised somewhere, read up on them and thought they were a cool idea! Never knew anyone that had them tho. I might be inclined to buy a couple of them now.

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mcrider1959 View Post
    Thanks for the write up dkuriss!
    I remember seeing these lights advertised somewhere, read up on them and thought they were a cool idea! Never knew anyone that had them tho. I might be inclined to buy a couple of them now.
    You are welcome. I have been using them for more than 4 years now and have been 100% happy with them. I have one in my camper, one in my hiking pack, and 2 in our hurricane boxes. I pull them out monthly, check them, and charge them for at least 24 hours. So far I have not have them not work when I need them.

I hope you get good use from yours.

I too just learned about them at marionville 2017.
    I was strolling around the Wally world and had 2.0 on clearance so I emptied the shelf should be real nice when it warms up and stops snowing.

Bought mine at the local BIG 5 store; about $5 cheaper than Amazon. (Is it a sacrilege to say that?)

Fill

’94 GL 1500 SE Extras: SIRUS Satellite Radio, Garmin GPS, SADDLEMAN Road Sofa and Touring Luggage, Touring Floodlights, Multiple Deer Whistles.
    Pulling an ’80 Eagle 1 Trailer or ’12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
    GWRRA / IBMC / TT / KOA

I ordered on from amazon and received it yesterday. It is charging.

Just bought Luci string lights. You read that right. String lights!! They can be charged via solar OR there is a USB plug so you can charge them via that. AND the little unit will also CHARGE SOMETHING ELSE - like a phone. There's a USB charge port as well.

The whole unit is a bit thicker than a deflated original Luci light (we've got a half dozen of the multi colored ones), and the same diameter. Its hard plastic and the spool for the 18 foot string pops up and then closes over the wound light string to protect it. The lights themselves are warm white not that gawdawful blue white LED nightmare. The unit has a box light feature in addition to the string and the string has 3 settings. We got the unit for $35. Looking forward to hanging them on our tent at the MOA rally!

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

String lights...have you found they take quite a number of hours of direct sunlight to charge? My regular Luci lights will recharge even in overcast conditions. The string lights I have seem to take forever (more than 8 hours for sure) to charge via solar. They charge good via usb