Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to camp near Mount Rushmore..??

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Re: Where to camp near Mount Rushmore..??

It’s a little farther out but we stayed at Wyatt’s Hideaway in Belle Fourche. It’s normally not crowded unless you go during the rally, great owner. When we camped there he wouldn’t let us pitch tents due to the weather that was coming in, set us up in one of the cabins for $10.00 more than a tent site! Good thing as big storm blew in with big hail!

http://wyattshideaway.com/
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

I'd also recommend custer state park. I've stayed at blue bell campground, lovely place nestled in the tall pines. The other also stayed at Grace Coolidge campground, pretty nice place but close to the road so during the day was pretty noisey. I'd also recommend Bakers Bakery and Cafe for coffee and sweet roll for breakfast, located in town of Custer.

Thanks Steve,
    Just finish talking to Wyatts and if the Days of 76s CG in Deadwood is a no go We will be staying at Wyatts. Tent site with electric is 30.00 per night.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    Thanks Steve,
    Just finish talking to Wyatts and if the Days of 76s CG in Deadwood is a no go We will be staying at Wyatts. Tent site with electric is 30.00 per night.
    Rob if you stay at Wyatt’s there are a couple of decent places to eat in Belle Fourche if y’all don’t feel like cooking. Go into town and take a right and there is a pretty good Chinese place on the left. I don’t remember the name but there is a good steak and BBQ place there too if they are still open.

Stayed at Big Pine a couple years ago. Very nice people and facilities.