Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Southeastern OH campout

Re: Possible Southeastern OH campout

I too am interested if the timing works out. I will be in Michigan for another Ironbutt ride on July 21-22. Just before or after would work for me.
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

If the date and the home front activities work out I would very much like to attend...

I have same exact wording as menhir

(Threadstarter)

I am thinking May or September because the summers are humid here. What amenities is everyone looking for? Wolf Run and Forked Run have electric sites and primative with shower houses and pit toilets. Leith Run has more electric than primative sites with a shower house and flush toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    ...What amenities is everyone looking for?
    Speaking for myself, a place to set up a tent, a fire ring, and if it's close enough to find in the dark, an outhouse.

Everything other than that, I'll consider a luxury.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

I can do amenities or not. As long as they have a toilet (pit or flush) I can manage. My preference is electric with showers and flush toilets but no big deal if they are not there.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

We would be interested

The state parks in S.E Ohio are old ,but we are in a pretty area. Most are kept up while not being updated. Riding here competes with the best rides in the country. North bend state park is 40 mile from here in West Virginia. It has 2 campgrounds one is fairly new. It is a nice park as well. There are a few private campgrounds,but most of them are very busy and mostly permanent sites. I like Forked Run state park, I just wish the restrooms were updated. The shower houses are dated but very useable.

Aloha!

I've been all over southern Ohio, but not to the southeastern campsites mentioned in this thread. So they would be new to me. I've been to the southern Ohio State Parks of Hocking Hills, A.W. Marion, Scioto Trails, Deer Creek, Burr Oak, Shawnee, and a private camp near Lithopolis called Jackson Lake. Just (barely) north of Columbus I've been to Alum Creek and Delaware state parks. I enjoyed all of them, but I must say that Hocking Hills wins the prize for most scenic, best trails and an AMAZING shower/toilet house. Hocking Hills facilities are in the league of "Hotel" bathrooms actually. Some of the state parks have one room porta-potty type outhouses so having flush toilets, tile floors and nice showers is a treat at Hocking Hills. Last year I camped at A.W. Marion and the sole toilet one hole pit outhouse in the tent camping area was infested with yellow jackets. Made it really "tense" to use the toilet.

Looking forward to seeing what campsite is chosen and when.
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

Site Supporter

Interested schedule permitting.