Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual North Cascades Campout

Re: 2nd Annual North Cascades Campout

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Looks like I am not going to be able to make it. Mom passed away last week and her services are this weekend in the UP. My wife flew in today so we will spend a little time with family before I ride back to Alaska.
    Sorry for your lose Bob.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    We've set the date to be 3,4, & 5th of August 2018. Pretty much a repeat of last year, and hoping the fires will not be an issue this time. The area is gorgeous when there isn't any smoke. Location: Klipchuck Campground.

RSVP
    Well I won't make it on Friday as I had planned. My work is taking me to Southern California that week and I won't be home in time to leave on Friday. I do still plan on being there Saturday unless something else decides to get in the way.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard Riders

(Threadstarter)

No fires at this point. Hope our luck holds out for another week.

(Threadstarter)

Update: There is a fire, we rode down to Winthrop today, no smoke in the vicinity, and clear sky's around the campground. Having a great time so far.

(Threadstarter)

Thank you to all the people that attended the campout. Definitely better weather than last year. But Saturday still sucked due to the fires. Heather and I met some wonderful new faces this year, and can hardly wait for next month's gathering in Douglas.

The campout was good fun. Klipchuck is a nice camp. It is cooler than nearby Winthrop. Thanks to our host.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    Well I won't make it on Friday as I had planned. My work is taking me to Southern California that week and I won't be home in time to leave on Friday. I do still plan on being there Saturday unless something else decides to get in the way.
    Well those that made it know that I didn't. My SOCAL trip was a trip from He!!. Delayed a day and the two delayed flights didn't get me home until Saturday. Too late to ride the 5 hours to the campout. I hope it was a good one and will continue, as I really looked forward to it.
    Does anyone have any pictures yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    Thank you to all the people that attended the campout. Definitely better weather than last year. But Saturday still sucked due to the fires. Heather and I met some wonderful new faces this year, and can hardly wait for next month's gathering in Douglas.
    Quadzilla, where is this Douglas you talk about?

Sorry I missed out on meeting you folks. I passed through the area earlier in the week and was getting anxious to get home. Another time I hope.

(Threadstarter)

Rick; I think the campout is by IBMC, or UMCI. Several people from last years North Cascades campout, as well as this years event are planning on attending the Douglas gathering.

Dennis