Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual North Cascades Campout

2nd Annual North Cascades Campout

We've set the date to be 3,4, & 5th of August 2018. Pretty much a repeat of last year, and hoping the fires will not be an issue this time. The area is gorgeous when there isn't any smoke. Location: Klipchuck Campground.

RSVP
    Last edited by Trailace; 02-19-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Re: 2nd Annual North Cascades Campout

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    We've set the date to be 3,4, & 5th of August 2018. Pretty much a repeat of last year, and hoping the fires will not be an issue this time. The area is gorgeous when there isn't any smoke. Location: Klipchuck Campground.
    It's on my calendar.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard Riders

I can't commit to this as I will be returning from Alaska around that time. If I'm passing through that area at the right time I'd like to stop in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellolake View Post
    I can't commit to this as I will be returning from Alaska around that time. If I'm passing through that area at the right time I'd like to stop in.
    That would be great. The more the merrier.

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

We will be back in the area on vacation. (we have relocated to Yuma AZ in Sept of last year) I should be able to attend the campout. I am not sure if I will have the motorcycle up there with me or not. Those plans are up in the air.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

[QUOTE=LarryinSeattle;170284]We will be back in the area on vacation. (we have relocated to Yuma AZ in Sept of last year) I should be able to attend the campout. I am not sure if I will have the motorcycle up there with me or not. Those plans are up in the air.[/Q

It will be good to see and visit with you again Larry.

I will be heading back to Alaska about this timeframe and hope to make it this year!
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    I will be heading back to Alaska about this timeframe and hope to make it this year!
    Hopefully with less smoke. You diverted through Canada last year didn't you?

Yes I had planned on going to the campout after being on the road for nearly 3 months. I had been camping near Glacier NP, nice and cool. On my way from there to the campout I hit some real hot weather in Idaho and Eastern Washington and it cooked me. I had to get up north where it was cooler and I missed my bride so I headed home a few days earlier than planned. This year I will be back down south seeing family and doing another Great Lakes Ironbutt ride in July and should be heading back to Alaska in early August. I am still working out some timing issues with family but really want to attend.

Looks like I am not going to be able to make it. Mom passed away last week and her services are this weekend in the UP. My wife flew in today so we will spend a little time with family before I ride back to Alaska.