Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hocking Hills state park campout,Oct.15-17 2018

(Threadstarter)

Re: Hocking Hills state park campout,Oct.15-17 2018

Oh my now I am gonna be listening,,if Woody barks at nothing I will know too! HAHA!!

I believe what you heard was Cropsey......
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Well, because of a last minute family emergency, I missed the Southern Ohio camp this spring. So I am bound and determined to make this one in October.

They should be accepting reservations now since we are within the 6 month window.

I just checked and there are sites available for booking.

https://ohiostateparks.reserveamerica.com/

We should post the sites we are choosing in the event we want to be somewhat close to each other. It looks like the loop to the North (Sites 81 - 93) are pretty much wide open. Only one camper there at present for those dates. That's not a bad area.
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by 3SportBiker View Post
    Well, because of a last minute family emergency, I missed the Southern Ohio camp this spring. So I am bound and determined to make this one in October.

They should be accepting reservations now since we are within the 6 month window.

I just checked and there are sites available for booking.

https://ohiostateparks.reserveamerica.com/

We should post the sites we are choosing in the event we want to be somewhat close to each other. It looks like the loop to the North (Sites 81 - 93) are pretty much wide open. Only one camper there at present for those dates. That's not a bad area.
    Ok I will check them out and book..will let u know where we will be! Its such an awesome area! Look 4 my dark gray Rogue.

Any news on this? I may book a site this weekend. I looked again and that north loop (81-93) is still pretty much open. Just 2 sites taken now. This is convenient to the showers/toilets, yet secluded enough to be relaxing. And one of the hiking trails runs off of this loop (if I remember correctly).

(Threadstarter)

Not booking just yet..my ac went so I have to take care of that..this month sometime I will book..i figure I wont really need to but I would rather have a site that has more woodsy feel to it this time..i was in the walkin area last time..will let u know.Sorry..see below.

(Threadstarter)

Okay I DID book the site because this place was booked up mostly when I got there on the Monday night... site #83 for me and the 2 kids aka dogs.. u can stay on the same site and split costs if u like..up to 6 peeps r allowed. If anyone else is coming be known that we can camp really cheap if we share sites also. It is 26 bucks a night. THis is a non-electric site.

That's a good site (if I recall) and that entire loop is nice. It's where I would walk to and get water from the fountain, very close to your site. Yes, there is no electric on that loop, but that's why it's open. I have solar and battery packs so I don't need electric.

I'll either share or book a site near you this weekend. We may want to have at least two sites in case we can get one or two others to join us. I hope we can. @dbone should join as he lives close and is retired. I'm not retired but I have already taken Monday through Wednesday off so it's all good as far as time for me.

I'll keep you posted.

(Threadstarter)

Good idea about having 2 sites maybe..dont see too many joining us but u never know.. I am on vaca that week..may take an extra day to get home and camp further north in Ohio on our way back from WV...it was a grueling drive last year...BTW the reason why it was so filled up at that time of year is because the RVers like it there 4 Halloween...that site had a star beside it so it must gave been my fave! I always walk around and hunt 4 good sites at campgrounds..

There is another spur that runs off the main camp that is wide open with lots of sites that has electricity, but then it's a haul to the shower houses and flush toilets. Where you booked, it's an easy walk to real toilets and nice showers. The shower house and flush toilets at Hocking Hills are amazing. Hotel quality. But the outhouses at the other camp areas are just that. Non flush outhouses with no showers. So I think you chose a great location.

I'll book the site next to you tonight or tomorrow. This way we have at least two sites. If we can get one or two others, it would be great. I'll PM @dbone again and see if he can join us since he lives close and is retired. I know Dave from the Honda CX-500 forum since he and I rode similar bikes for years - yet we've not met yet. I was supposed to meet him last year at a camp but he forgot. And we missed at the Southern Ohio camp a few weeks ago because I had to bail out for a family issue.

Let's see if we can get at least two more and make it a small group camp at least.