Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SPAM fetish

Re: SPAM fetish

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Traveler View Post
    For slicing Spam I bought and took apart a hard boiled eggs slicers and kept only the wire side for my kitchen kit. Takes up very little room and slices a whole can in one motion for the perfect slice of Spam.

SPAM got to love it!
    Now why didn't I think of that?? LOL

Aloha!

Hawaii is Spam crazy. Most people know that. Since WWII, it's been the national dish. We even have Spam Sushi and it's delicious. Go into any grocery store in Hawaii and you see 20 linear feet of Spam for your eyes to feast on.

Spam, lettuce and tomato sandwiches are (to MY taste) far better than BLT. Of course you have to FRY the Spam. Spam is GREAT camping food. Especially fried up with eggs.

I don't have a Spam fetish, I'm a Spam Slut. I admit it. I'd eat spam daily if I weren't concerned about clogging my arteries to the core. Spam, it's what's for dinner... in Hawaii.

Mahalo!
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

Okay... I'm 57 years old and never had SPAM of any kind.

Grabbed a can in at the local Grocery Outlet today in fact... then put it back, I'm not sure why.

I've got to give it a try one day.
    I think I'm afraid I'll like it.

Though I am a Ham fan... especially Black Forest Ham.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    I will be abstaining from participating in any Spam tastings or cook offs! Another option is jerky bacon. I have found it recently and it is pretty good!
    No more greasy bacon for me, unless a recipe calls for it. I've been eating the precooked bacon sold in Costco and maybe other places. Easy and no mess. Just nuke it for about 40 seconds. No grease to dispose of and all you are paying for is the bacon, not the fat.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

I have to admit, I really like it when I'm camping. We slice it into three pieces that you can eat on a bun, basically a Spamburger....
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Mostly Harmless
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    I have to admit, I really like it when I'm camping. We slice it into three pieces that you can eat on a bun, basically a Spamburger....
    Do you cook it or eat it as it comes out of the can?
    2013 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited Anniv. Ed.

Been seeing a lot of Spam ads on TV lately. They've come up with a new catch phrase.

"SPAM, Don't knock it, til you've fried it."
    '08. GL1800
    '06. ST1300

I bought a can of Lite Span (regular is a little too salty for my tastes) a while back before this thread started. I thought I'd try it again after a few years.

I cut a couple of thick slices, fried them up and then added 2 eggs and mixed them u til the eggs were done.

It was OK. A less salty than I remembered. But it was mostly a Spam breakfast so I don't have the Spam/egg ratio quite right. I think I need less Spam and more eggs to make it more like bacon and eggs. Still have more Spam to try tomorrow.

I think I'll get some more keep on hand in case of the apocalypse.
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

Mostly Harmless
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by wrchael414 View Post
    I bought a can of Lite Span (regular is a little too salty for my tastes) a while back before this thread started. I thought I'd try it again after a few years.

I cut a couple of thick slices, fried them up and then added 2 eggs and mixed them u til the eggs were done.

It was OK. A less salty than I remembered. But it was mostly a Spam breakfast so I don't have the Spam/egg ratio quite right. I think I need less Spam and more eggs to make it more like bacon and eggs. Still have more Spam to try tomorrow.

I think I'll get some more keep on hand in case of the apocalypse.
    The key, in my opinion, is to keep the slices thin. Thicker slices don't crisp up like bacon does...