Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SPAM fetish

SPAM fetish

OK, fetish is too strong a word. In preparation for this season, I've been cooking with SPAM in a number of different ways and with the different flavors of SPAM. The best so far is to cook the BACON or HICKORY flavor like you would bacon. Just drop it in the pan and fry it up till it gets a little crispy. Another way I like it is to cut it up into small cubes and fry then mix with fried cubed potatoes, onions, green peppers and scrambled eggs. All of which can be taken on the road and cooked while boondocking.

Outside of pan frying, I haven't found another way to prepare it that I really like. So, I pose this question to the group... How do you eat your SPAM?

I've looked at the SPAM website and may try a few of the recipes I found there. http://www.spam.com/recipes

... Jeff
    2013 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited Anniv. Ed.

Re: SPAM fetish

I like my spam best, left on the grocery store shelves ... I’ll take a cold can of pork & beans over a can of spam any day.

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

burgman650

Dusty, tell Hoovooloo about Canadian Bacon.

I can remember as a kid Mom would make Spam Casserole. It was essentially homemade Mac and Cheese with
    cubed Spam thrown in. Gotta admit......I haven't had it since.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

I grew up eating Spam, spam & eggs for breakfast...grilled spam sandwich & soup for lunch...cold spam sandwich for school lunch...spam with mac & cheese. Spam - Spam- Spam. Want to know why I haven't eaten Spam in 50years??? Bon Appetite!! B.
    2008 GL1800
    CSC Escapade Elite cargo trailer
    Kwik Kamp camper trailer

Spam added into ramen noodles is pretty good, IMO.

Mostly Harmless
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch2 View Post
    Spam added into ramen noodles is pretty good, IMO.
    Do you do anything to the SPAM or just cube it and mix it in as is? The taste is a little too mushy and squishy without cooking it somehow.

I was thinking i might try crumbling it up like hamburger and doing something with that.

Mostly Harmless
    (Threadstarter)

Peoples' feelings about SPAM seem to be like politics... don't want to discuss it or deeply oppossed to one another. C'est la vie

Quote Originally Posted by Hoovooloo View Post
    Peoples' feelings about SPAM seem to be like politics... don't want to discuss it or deeply oppossed to one another. C'est la vie
    It's funny you say that. When I grocery shop for a trip....I see the spam on the store shelf and consider buying a can or two, knowing it would probably last forever or be good in an emergency. But then the thought passes.....and I find the sardines... B.

When I was in grade school a student puked on their desktop one morning. What a great way to start the day! The teacher commented, "looks like she had Spam for breakfast."

That discouraged me from consuming Spam, but I've tried it since then and it wasn't too bad and I managed to keep it down. Maybe I'll try it again. So I went to my fave supermarket Amazon dot com and searched 'Spam'. Holy Cow! or maybe Holy Pig. What a spam lover's cornucopia of strange renditions! Get the picture? Maybe I'll try the Portagee sausage (chorizo). Sounds pretty interesting. I used to buy Churizo subs when I was in Newport RI...so good. Here's what I found: https://tinyurl.com/y8pwy6fx

Maybe a Spam cookoff is in order at the Chillout

Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing