Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: gonna give moto camping a try....question about KOA

(Threadstarter)

Re: gonna give moto camping a try....question about KOA

thanks for all the info guys....woke up to -12 yesterday, so it will be a few months till we get out on the road
    The path to happy runs thru miles of clouded hell

Quote Originally Posted by mcrider1959 View Post
    Many years ago (before computers and the innerwebs) I carried with me a KOA campground directory booklet when traveling and motorcycle camping. It came in handy several times.
    I don't know if they still have these free directory guides at the campgrounds anymore since most everything is online these days.

UPDATE: I just went to the KOA website and appears you can download a KOA directory PDF or if so inclined you can get a KOA app for your phone. Didn't see anything about the hard copy booklet, tho.

I haven't camped at a KOA in a long time as I feel their prices for just pitching a small 2 man tent is a bit high.

And to answer your original question, every KOA that I have stayed at had showers and to the best of my memory they were all clean.
    It's been a couple of years since I camped, but most KOAs are really nice. They have a 10:00 noise curfew and for the most part, I don't have problems with them. Many have a small restaurant. Greybull WY has one of the best around and the one in Ouray CO is really nice and even has a bar. I am not the solitary camper on the hill/mountainside type and appreciate company and conversation with short time acquaintances.

You can go to www.koa.com for the lowdown on prices, amenities and ratings for each campground. I stop at a KOA to get one of their almanacs which has the same info plus a road map of each state and province - free.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Quote Originally Posted by bvail View Post
    It's been a couple of years since I camped, but most KOAs are really nice. They have a 10:00 noise curfew and for the most part, I don't have problems with them. Many have a small restaurant. Greybull WY has one of the best around and the one in Ouray CO is really nice and even has a bar. I am not the solitary camper on the hill/mountainside type and appreciate company and conversation with short time acquaintances.

You can go to www.koa.com for the lowdown on prices, amenities and ratings for each campground. I stop at a KOA to get one of their almanacs which has the same info plus a road map of each state and province - free.
    I agree. I like some company in campsites for the most part. I don't want it packed like sardines, but I really don't like it when I'm the only camper for miles around.

I used to referee sporting venues and worked my way around to different venues on my bike, camping where I could. One time in Indiana, I stopped at a county park (if I recall correctly) for a night. Had some nice conversation with other campers and headed ot bed around 9 PM. The place was busy and it was around the 4th of July. Firecrackers and barking dogs all night. I mean literally all night. Horrible night's sleep if you could even call it a night's sleep. So although I like company, I also appreciate a STRICT curfew. I'm odd. I actually NEED sleep to be able to function the next day.
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

Yes and a bathroom too. We use KOA a lot

2014 Ultra Classic Limited
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired