Thread: Glacier Campground, West Glacier

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Tent Glacier Campground, West Glacier

This is a fairly large, yet quiet, private run campground that is heavily wooded, cut into the side of a hill/mountain and near the west entrance to Glacier NP.

My buddy Brad and I stayed here a couple of nights and enjoyed our stay here.
    Because we had 2 tents, we were assigned one of their 'large' tenting sites, that was just big enough to cram our 2 tents on.
    We had electric on-site, water across the road, showers, fire grate picnic table, 2 parking pads and there was free WiFi by the office. Firewood is available for a fee and there is a little cafe there as well and although we didn't try any of their fare, it looked good.
    The campground is a bit of a jaunt up from the highway, so traffic noise was very minimal! IIRC, there was the odd train through the night though.
    Although the camp office does carry a few items, it's best to get any needed supplies/gas in either West Glacier, or Columbia Falls

Cost was $28 /night for our site at time of visit

Campground info: http://www.glaciercampground.com/

Campground location - Google Maps - https://goo.gl/maps/7TWx1vDicHx GPS Coordinates: 48.485030, -113.999500

Date of Visit: - Aug 13/14, 2017

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glacier CG.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	21989
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Re: Glacier Campground, West Glacier

That almost looks like the same spot I stayed in back in 2014. Nice campground.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard

Beenshot and I stayed there two years ago when we were out west. They gave a us two sites for the Aspens with a military discount because I was retired. It was $30 a night with my discount. No sharing sites with the campers. Nice campground with decent facilities.
    "Sappers Lead the Way"
    US Army (Retired) Combat Engineer

Looks like a nice campground. I have to admit I've avoided camping in the Glacier area because of a fear of grizzly bears. Any thoughts or comments on that would be appreciated.