Thread: Glacier Campground, West Glacier

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Tent Glacier Campground, West Glacier

This is a fairly large, yet quiet, private run campground that is heavily wooded, cut into the side of a hill/mountain and near the west entrance to Glacier NP.

My buddy Brad and I stayed here a couple of nights and enjoyed our stay here.
    Because we had 2 tents, we were assigned one of their 'large' tenting sites, that was just big enough to cram our 2 tents on.
    We had electric on-site, water across the road, showers, fire grate picnic table, 2 parking pads and there was free WiFi by the office. Firewood is available for a fee and there is a little cafe there as well and although we didn't try any of their fare, it looked good.
    The campground is a bit of a jaunt up from the highway, so traffic noise was very minimal! IIRC, there was the odd train through the night though.
    Although the camp office does carry a few items, it's best to get any needed supplies/gas in either West Glacier, or Columbia Falls

Cost was $28 /night for our site at time of visit

Campground info: http://www.glaciercampground.com/

Campground location - Google Maps - https://goo.gl/maps/7TWx1vDicHx GPS Coordinates: 48.485030, -113.999500

Date of Visit: - Aug 13/14, 2017

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glacier CG.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	21989
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Re: Glacier Campground, West Glacier

That almost looks like the same spot I stayed in back in 2014. Nice campground.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard Riders

Beenshot and I stayed there two years ago when we were out west. They gave a us two sites for the Aspens with a military discount because I was retired. It was $30 a night with my discount. No sharing sites with the campers. Nice campground with decent facilities.
    "Sappers Lead the Way"
    US Army (Retired) Combat Engineer

Looks like a nice campground. I have to admit I've avoided camping in the Glacier area because of a fear of grizzly bears. Any thoughts or comments on that would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Krod View Post
    Looks like a nice campground. I have to admit I've avoided camping in the Glacier area because of a fear of grizzly bears. Any thoughts or comments on that would be appreciated.
    Anyone? Bueller?..... Bueller?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

just another Saddle Tramp
    (Threadstarter)

If camping in Glacier NP, they now provide food lockers at most of the campgrounds to store your food and scented items in.
    Keep a clean camp and you won’t have any issues

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    If camping in Glacier NP, they now provide food lockers at most of the campgrounds to store your food and scented items in.
    Keep a clean camp and you won’t have any issues
    Thanks man. Really appreciate the input. I'm probably being overly concerned.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk