Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction... Once upon a time there was a guy named Hoovooloo (Jeff)...

Re: Introduction... Once upon a time there was a guy named Hoovooloo (Jeff)...

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA.
    Lots of good folks and info on this site.
    Be sure to post photos or it didn't happen.
    Cheers, David C.
    My life is a caricature of reality
    David C.
    Suzuki VStrom 650 - Sold, Current Ryde Can Am Spyder STS -" "
    Honda ST1300 - Sold, Suzuki Burgman 400 - RIP

Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Jeff,

Welcome. I overnighted at Pikes Peak SP in Iowa. It was a nice place on a piece of high ground overlooking the Mississippi. The really interesting thing was that to get to it I rode through some contour farming land in southern Wisconsin just before I got there. It was very interesting scenery. Very different from the flat land farming I grew up around. The same alfalfa, corn, and soybeans, but planted following the hillside contours rather than the straight lines that I am used to. With the road navigating the same contours, but on top of the ridge.

Richard

Welcome from SE Michigan!
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Mostly Harmless
    (Threadstarter)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I was impressed with the response. I will look into the Moonshine Run. I'll also take a look into the campground area for reviews. I hope to meet some of you while out and about. Last Spring my 79 yr old Dad and I rode the Natchez Trail start to finish and poked around down South. We didn't camp. He prefers motels. This season I will be doing some real motocamping. Come on Spring.....
    2013 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited Anniv. Ed.

Mostly Harmless
    (Threadstarter)

Response to Snowclem---

Sounds interesting. I'll look up the campground. We use to see some contour farming when I lived out on the left coast. Irrigation is the issue.

Welcome from Utah. I lived in Wheaton, Illinois during the late 70s and early 80s. You'll find a lot of good people and a ton of good information on this site. Weather is so unseasonably warm here in Utah that I skied last Wednesday, golfed on Thursday, and tomorrow I'm jumping on the bike and heading for Zion National Park. No "cabin fever" here.

Another welcome from the Pittsburgh, Pa. area.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

Welcome!
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Welcome from Southeastern OH