Thread: Cycle-Moore, Interlochen MI

Cycle-Moore, Interlochen MI

Cycle-Moore is a private campground run by bikers. They have a sales and service shop for bikes at the front of the campground. http://cycle-moore.com/

2008 rates, $6 per person if on a motorcycle. This rate applies even if one person pulls in an RV, but the other half of the couple ride in on a motorcycle. Not sure if the rate applies if you trailer your bike, but I think it does. Call them to find out for sure. Heated showers, restrooms, pavilion, fire pits, firewood for sale on site, and bike wash area. The owners are very friendly and plan for additional amenities in the future.

11075 US 31 Interlochen, MI That's a couple miles west of Interlochen on US 31.

They host the Great Lakes Harley Roundup the 2nd weekend in June. It's not just for Harleys though, all brands show up as it is a good time and good deal.

Great riding in the area.

Edit 6/23/08: Of the 4 nights I've been at the roundup the last 2 years, only on 1 night were some people loud after the band stopped playing at midnight (and they quickly chilled out). In general, after the band stops playing the place is dead quiet. The rally is just a lot of bikers meeting to socialize, party hardy, and listen to live music, and look at nice scoots.

The owners at cycle-moore campground do not tolerate people acting like jerks. If you speed through the campground, rev up your bike needlessly at night, or can't keep the noise down after warnings they will throw you out with no refunds. Their general rule is "No attitudes". That's not to mean they discourage partying and drinking. The place is one hell of a party during the round up. A great time with lots of beer, good live music, great meals, fun events, and cool people. But their rule for the round up is "So if you can't party and handle it DON'T PARTY - or DON'T COME." In other words, they want you to party and have a great time, but be responsible and respectful towards others.

$48 for the round up gets you: camping Fri and Sat night, live music Fri and Sat night from 8-midnight, meals Frdayi evening, Saturday morning, and Saturday evening, lots of events Sat, and all the popcorn, ice cream, and coffee you want. The unlimited supply of coffee (especially on Sunday AM was a hit for me) A really good deal. $28 ($23 if you bring a mug from a previous rally to get the current rally year reband on it) gets you the "bottomless mug". They have a Budweiser trailer on site and you just stroll over with your mug and get it filled up.

They are smart about the bottomless mug for the round up. No one gets out after 10PM until after 7AM. Their security folks won't allow it so they can keep drunk riders inside and off the nearby roads.

That's what I like about this place so much. It's a guaranteed good party for bikers, but ass hats aren't tolerated. They maintain a fine balance between being a biker campground and being family friendly. Many bikers bring their kids and grand children there. Yes, there is a lot of partying going on, but nothing that would be shockful towards youngsters.

I've been there before on non-rally weekends and the atmosphere is about the same. Bikers partying like crazy and socializing, but being cool and respectful towards others and nobody being obnoxious. After the camp fire winds down, everyone wishes everyone a good night and everyone goes to sleep without anyone being loud or obnoxious.

This is truly a unique campground. Extremely biker friendly and they want folks to party. But they keep a lid on people being ass hats and disturbing other campers.

Re: Cycle-Moore, Interlochen MI

We have been going to this campground for many, many years. We usually go there two or three times a year. It's a really nice place. We don't do the Harley Round-up anymore, but we do go to the Fall Birthday Bash every year.
    Steve & Shirley Moore, the owners, are extreamly nice people, they will go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome, and that you have a pleasent stay.

I was there the weekend before the b-day party this year for my first time. They said that is the only weekend that its not biker orienated. They had a flea market and a kids day for the locals. We had 4 people in our group and there were about 5 other bikes there. It was still a great time. I will certainly return as the roads to ride in the area are very interesting. We went to the sleeping Bear Dunes then continued on 22 up into the Leelanau peninsula Then back down to Interlochen. Like I say I will go back.
    Dennis
    2006 kawasaki vulcan 1600 classic
    Home is where the tent's at

I was there about 20 years ago. Nice place, as I remember. I liked the little cabins they had for rent. Redbeard, the ride along MI Rte 22 is really cool. Take your time, and follow the lakeshore around Traverse Bay and up to Northport Point and go through the "canopy of trees" and then down to near Manistee. There's a neat little bar / restaurant right near the canopy of trees to stop and eat, but I can't remember the name of it off hand.

Michigan is an awesome state to ride in, especially if you have a dual sport. The state is very bike friendly
    2004 Honda ST1300, 1978 Honda GL 1000, 1976 Honda CB 750A "Hondamatic," 2000 Suzuki DRZ 400...

Quote Originally Posted by skidlid1300 View Post
    I was there about 20 years ago. Nice place, as I remember. I liked the little cabins they had for rent. Redbeard, the ride along MI Rte 22 is really cool. Take your time, and follow the lakeshore around Traverse Bay and up to Northport Point and go through the "canopy of trees" and then down to near Manistee. There's a neat little bar / restaurant right near the canopy of trees to stop and eat, but I can't remember the name of it off hand.

Michigan is an awesome state to ride in, especially if you have a dual sport. The state is very bike friendly
    The Bar/Restarunt you are refering to is at the center of Cross Village, (you can't miss it) which is at the northern start/end of the "tunnel of trees", as it's called by the locals. It ends at Spring Harbor. If you were to look at a Michigan map, it would be route U.S. 119. Great ride down through there, as the narrow two lane road twists and winds through the forest near the Lake michigan shore line. Views of the lake through the trees are fantastic.

I'm planning on using this campground as a base for some MI traveling this summer. I believe that this is/was the location of the MI Guzzi Rally and had plans last fall to make it, but a schedule conflict wouldn't allow it.

Thanks for the tips here; I'll make use of them when I'm in the area.
    Doug
    Chauncey likes to watch.......I like to ride
    Coop's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by coopdway View Post
    I'm planning on using this campground as a base for some MI traveling this summer. I believe that this is/was the location of the MI Guzzi Rally and had plans last fall to make it, but a schedule conflict wouldn't allow it.

Thanks for the tips here; I'll make use of them when I'm in the area.
    coopdway:
    While there, be sure to ask Steve or Shirley for dirctions to scenic roads to ride in the area ... They know all the good ones ...

G wizz

Thanks G, I'll tell them you sent me and will continue to watch for a MotoCamper event. I haven't settled in on dates for MI travel, but expect this trip to not happen until 'central summer'.

At this point, I'm quite flexible, so should be able to adapt. I'll keep watching for any developments. Let me know if there's anything to be done from Minnesota.