Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackwater Falls State Park campout Oct.18-20,2018

(Threadstarter)

Re: Blackwater Falls State Park campout Oct.18-20,2018

Well big changes 4 me! Long story why I got my new rogue a year early but actually it will work out better 4 me in the long run... we love it! It has affected my lifestyle dramatically! If u want to know why I got my car a year early u have to come to this campout! haha! I am, u guessed it....off work again....rotator cuff surgery..muscle was ripped right thru..gonna be a bit of a haul to heal but I will be ok..i refuse to give up my 1st love ..kayaking and I needed a more stable shoulder to continue with it..only riding on trails when I can get back on my bike..believe it or not 3 days before I got my car I almost got hit again at the same dangerous corner on my way into work! so I decided to only ride on trails from here on in...don't need more hits!

So look 4 my dark gray Nissan rogue at Blackwater! may have a purple and white tandem kayak up top..think u guys will spot me if I bring it! haha!!

I have never been to Blackwater SP, but I am interested in this camp out. I will be needing an October camp out, that is not three states away. So, please enlighten me! Do I need to make reservations, or is that even possible? What area of the campground (site #'s) are the rest of you planning to use?

Any other info would be appreciated!

Dave

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by dbone View Post
    I have never been to Blackwater SP, but I am interested in this camp out. I will be needing an October camp out, that is not three states away. So, please enlighten me! Do I need to make reservations, or is that even possible? What area of the campground (site #'s) are the rest of you planning to use?

Dave
    Been there the last 2 years in a row..sept the 1st time then Oct last year and Oct this year..LOVE this area! I never made reservations either year because I arrive on thur but if u arrive on fri u may want to make a reservation..the campground is very walkable...if u hear a bike just go ask them if they r with our small group..i will have an Ontario plated dark gray Nissan Rogue..if peeps need to throw boots and jackets in my car then so be it.. last year a change of shoes for the hike we did would have come in handy...I am hiking Dolly Sods on the Friday this time..if u have never been there its awesome! Sat for the ride and sun for some if not leaving.. I have to leave on Sun as it is a grueling drive back home..will get a waterfall ride together for the Sat.. hope our weather is as great as it was last year! NO rain all week and I started at Hocking Hills state park for 3 nights!

I was considering going last year and called Blackwater to see about making reservations. They told me they do NOT take reservations at that time of the year for the park. It's first come, first served.

This may have changed, but that was the scoop last year.
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by 3SportBiker View Post
    I was considering going last year and called Blackwater to see about making reservations. They told me they do NOT take reservations at that time of the year for the park. It's first come, first served.

This may have changed, but that was the scoop last year.
    Funny I nevr make reservations really 4 most stateside camping and have never had a problem.. I am going to for Hocking Hills because I didn't like how loped I was on the walkin site..kept sliding down the hill..haha! But I always arrive on Thursday at Blackwater an dhave no problem..there were numerous sites on Thursdays both years but last year Friday got busy..did not know they did not reserve..good to know then.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by dbone View Post

Dave
    Dave..herd u might be going to the Hocking Hills campout from Oct 15-17..I booked site 83..last year the campground was pretty full and I came in late to get a walkin site..slept downhill for 3 nights..some sites r not as level..HAHA!! I can have up to 6 peeps on the site..if u r coming u may stay on our site..i will have 2 lil dogs with me..

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    Dave..herd u might be going to the Hocking Hills campout from Oct 15-17..I booked site 83..last year the campground was pretty full and I came in late to get a walkin site..slept downhill for 3 nights..some sites r not as level..HAHA!! I can have up to 6 peeps on the site..if u r coming u may stay on our site..i will have 2 lil dogs with me..
    If my chronic pain is under control (2 failed back surgery's . . . long story) I will be there! Do you have room for a 7' X 9' tent, that is not sleeping down hill? LOL!

(Threadstarter)

U will prolly be sharing with 3Sportbiker at HHills and Blackwater does not allow sharing..we found out last year when Jim and me shared a site at Blackwater..they let us keep our tents on the same site for then but told us it was not really allowed. So we save at HHills in the least..BTW Blackwater is so walkable that it is easy to find anybody there..my dark rogue with Ontario plates and 2 dogs will stand out...

(Threadstarter)

I bought a Waterfalls of Virginia and West Virginia book that I will bring to HHills s p and I will be checking it out for the waterfall ride we will be doing to help plan a route..Did I say I love WV?...

I am going to bump this thing up for those who might have missed it. You can RSVP on the first page.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long