Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackwater Falls State Park campout Oct.18-20,2018

Blackwater Falls State Park campout Oct.18-20,2018

I guess I did not post a separate thread about this year's campout.. we had perfect weather last year and I hope we have similar weather 4 this year! I LOVE WV! I am on a fb page 4 waterfalls and am in touch with peeps who may be able to steer us, not literally, but in a good direction to see some of WV's purdiest waterfalls! I personally want to check out Dolly Sods this time so if anyone wants to do some hiking I may be doing this 1 day on the no ride day.. u will see some awesome sights of the WV valleys from up high. I will have a car for u to put your leathers in and boots if u want to wear more comfy shoes for those who want to join in on a hike on the Sods...google Dolly Sods on fb and join the group there to see pics if u r not familiar with that area.. due to weather patterns we may have to alter the ride day(s) but then that can happen on any trip..this will be my 3rd trip to Blackwater Falls and I hope to do a different section of this great state every year!

RSVP
    Last edited by Trailace; 01-22-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Re: Blackwater Falls State Park campout Oct.18-20,2018

The 18th is a Thursday...
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

(Threadstarter)

Yep I figure peeps will leave on the sunday.. I know I have to as I have to get back. Some may leave on Monday morning but I will have to work that day..

Didn't realize it started on Thursday... Hopefully a few more show then last year.

I like black water falls camping. It's about 3 hr trip for me so we get over there a few times a year for the most part. We may make it this year,but a lot of things can happen between now and then

(Threadstarter)

I was there on the Thursday last year and left on Sunday..if some want to ride also on Sunday and leave Monday morning that's up to the individuals.

(Threadstarter)

Hey Jim! Have u decided if u can make Hocking Hills s p before Blackwater Falls this year? I know u showed some interest last year..Great riding in that area and lots to see and do!

I am planning on camping in the area but it may be earlier in the summer, probably July. I have some friends that I camp with that live in SE Ohio and we always stay at Lake Snowden campground which is in that area. (Google "Lake Snowden Campground" for details). I have camped in that area for many years and have visited many of the attractions in the area. I probably can make it to HH State Park the week before but will have to check the calendar first. I already have 6 camping trips scheduled this year and will add 2 more for sure as soon as the dates are are made public. I will have my schedule firmed up by mid to late March and then let you know if I can make it.

(Threadstarter)

ok.just remember u saying u might make it to HH before Blackwater..I remember u talking about Snowden..

Aloha!

Well, I will be in Ohio during that time frame, and my birthday just happens to fall within those dates. Might be nice for me to celebrate with a moto-camp in Blackwater.

I won't know for sure until about mid-September as my work schedule is hectic from May-October, but I'm a "Pencil-In" again this year. The Honda Silverwing that I store in Ohio would love that trip as it's a delightful ride from Ohio to Blackwater on Rte 50. Good ride for that bike to stretch it's legs without having to get on the interstate.

Mahalo!
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery