Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riding gear

Re: Riding gear

Depends on the weather. Summer a mesh or leather jacket usually with leather chaps. (I made the chaps about 30 years ago and they still look good. They are much heavier than the stuff you see in the MC stores.). Winter I wear leather jacket with heated liner and gloves. I like the liner rather than the jacket because it can sit in the saddlebag for those days when you start out in the warmth and come home in the cold.

I have Olympia mesh jackets and pants, Alpinestars 3/4 length for colder climate, Gerbings heated liner, gloves, socks and pants, various gloves depending on ride and conditions. Various pairs of boots from adventure to road. When I'm dual sport riding I wear a MX chest, back and shoulder protector and knee protection. Road rides I always wear a Hit Air air bag vest. Being in my late 60's I just don't bounce as well as I used to.

I wear my Klim Badlands jacket with Goretex for protection and water shedding. I wear my Scorpion Trey pants for the legs. Cycle gear base layers and heated liners or cooling liners temp dependent.
    Smiles for miles and miles

Bell Sena 3/4 helmet...Cortech Mesh jacket with liner for cool weather....Duluth firehose pants...Georgia work boots.

Nothing fancy just practical stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bell_mag9_sena_helmet_solids_black_750x750.jpg   cortech_gx_sport_air50_jacket_black_750x750.jpg  
    2003 BMW K1200LTE
    Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.
    Will Rogers