ok i think the wife and i have decide on the roll a home trailer.i also see they can come with electric brakes and also the will install there controller in the trailer. i'm new to the electric brake thing foe bikes, i have used them on trucks and trailers so i am kind of familiar with them. how many people have them and dont have them? what type should be used .

A proportional brake controller senses how the tow vehicle is slowing or stopping and applies the trailer's brakes with the same intensity. So if you slam on the brakes in your tow vehicle, the controller will activate your trailer's brakes just as forcefully. With a proportional controller, you can adjust the initial braking power and aggressiveness based on your trailer's weight and your braking preferences.

A time-delayed brake controller activates the trailer's brakes with a preset intensity (power output) and rate of application (sync), both of which are determined by you. With this type of controller, there is a delay between the time that you initially apply the brakes in your tow vehicle and the time that the controller reaches maximum power output to the trailer's brakes. However, this delay can be adjusted with the sync setting.

where have you install the unit on bike in trailer? i have heard this is the model to get Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller - like i said the trailer we are looking at has a brake controller option which i may go with. thanks for the info it all helps in the end.