Thread: Here's another storage option for Lees-ure lite

Here's another storage option for Lees-ure lite

I purchased a used 2015 Lees-ure lite excel a few months back and couldn't be happier! Tows like a dream, very comfortable, surprisingly roomy, and is super fast to set up. But, the folks I bought it from towed it with a small SUV so they didn't buy the storage pod or the rear under-chassis storage box since they didn't need the space. However, they did buy two awnings and the deluxe add-a-room along with most of the other options. Since I travel solo I am not cramped for storage, but I really like the quick set up feature of the LL and didn't like moving all the extra stuff off the bed every time I stopped for the night and then repack it every morning.

The storage pod and under chassis storage box are fairly expensive from Lees-ure Lite, even with the favorable currency exchange rate. So, I started doing some looking around. A few folks use a poly storage box from Tractor Supply that sets on the tongue. But, it is taller than I wanted and weighs more than I expected. After a bit more research I came across the Better Built storage box that mounts on the tongue. It is the perfect height for my needs and is fairly light weight so I don't put a lot of additional tongue weight on the hitch (I tow with a 2014 TriGlide using a KhromeWerks hitch). Plus, it is low enough that I can easily get at the top latch of the camper top. A bit more research and I found one at Rural King for $150 with free shipping. Perfect! I did have to fabricate a couple of angle brackets to support the back edges of the box on the corners, but that was a simple task.

I still have to figure out how I am going to store the awning poles, but I think a six inch piece of thin wall PVC pipe under the rear chassis will do the trick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compressed trailer box 2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	21897

Name:	compressed trailer box 3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	21898

Ping me if you have any questions.

Gary

Re: Here's another storage option for Lees-ure lite

Hey! That's pretty nice looking, and looks to be a bit smaller than the unit from the OEM. Nice find! I have seen a bunch of ppl use a big pvc type tube for a storage area for poles and such. LL is still my favorite camper for mc use I've seen.

Tx-Triker,

The 6" pcv pipe works well for awning poles and is easy to mount under the camper with large hose clamps. Take a look at the photo in "my fleet" on my personal page for a look at mine.(can't get the picture to post here)

Quote Originally Posted by tx-triker View Post
    I purchased a used 2015 Lees-ure lite excel a few months back and couldn't be happier! Tows like a dream, very comfortable, surprisingly roomy, and is super fast to set up. But, the folks I bought it from towed it with a small SUV so they didn't buy the storage pod or the rear under-chassis storage box since they didn't need the space. However, they did buy two awnings and the deluxe add-a-room along with most of the other options. Since I travel solo I am not cramped for storage, but I really like the quick set up feature of the LL and didn't like moving all the extra stuff off the bed every time I stopped for the night and then repack it every morning.

The storage pod and under chassis storage box are fairly expensive from Lees-ure Lite, even with the favorable currency exchange rate. So, I started doing some looking around. A few folks use a poly storage box from Tractor Supply that sets on the tongue. But, it is taller than I wanted and weighs more than I expected. After a bit more research I came across the Better Built storage box that mounts on the tongue. It is the perfect height for my needs and is fairly light weight so I don't put a lot of additional tongue weight on the hitch (I tow with a 2014 TriGlide using a KhromeWerks hitch). Plus, it is low enough that I can easily get at the top latch of the camper top. A bit more research and I found one at Rural King for $150 with free shipping. Perfect! I did have to fabricate a couple of angle brackets to support the back edges of the box on the corners, but that was a simple task.

I still have to figure out how I am going to store the awning poles, but I think a six inch piece of thin wall PVC pipe under the rear chassis will do the trick.

Name:	compressed trailer box 2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	21897

Name:	compressed trailer box 3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	21898

Ping me if you have any questions.

Gary
    I am assuming by the pics that you got the #66010148 model storage box. I was looking at the #66012336 model which is almost twice the storage size, but a bit too high for the top latch of the camper top. But if the storage box is moved about 4.5 inches forward it would clear.

Dean Secord AKA Seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6
    HF tag-along and Leesure-Lite

I use the bigger model (in Black) on the RAH. About half the cost of the one from the OEM. Do yourself a favor though and put something under the box besides angle iron in front and back. I cut out a piece of outdoor wood with plastic in it and put it under the box so it supported the whole floor of the box. The box on my last camper cracked at the seams because it was only supported on the ends.
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

very nice idea.... I have the OEM box on mine, yours looks better. Remember, the more storage you have, the more weight ending up on the tongue when loaded. I put mostly light stuff up there, jackets, shoes. As for storage on the bed, I got my ideas from dkurfiss and got plastic storage boxes. They stack up on the floor like a dresser and make good table for your night stuff (glasses etc.) and are see-through so you know what container too look in.

--
    Gordon