Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trailer comparison

trailer comparison

ok made up a comparison on a few trailers tried to keep them in the same price range was very surprised on the lees-ure lite bed size and cost compared to the small unit mini mate that has a much wider bed,only problem with the mini-mate is the add a room is extra and you need to attach it, not interested in doing that every nite or other nite when traveling . Still thinking either the aspen sentry or the roadman full. Any one have any different campers they use i would be interested in hearing about them. thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer compare.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	21892

Re: trailer comparison

The Aspen Classic, King Size bed and a 6x6 dressing area, very little difference in empty weight...think I would get the brakes on it...would add another 40 lbs...but for the added size there is not a lot of difference in pricing...and the occasional preowned Classic pops up here as well...large underbed storage, reasonably easy to put up and take down....

If you can, I suggest you head on up to one of the campouts, rallies or events (ie Americade) to see some of the campers in person. Also keep in mind the manufactures reported weight isn't always honest.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

fireshine

I would think your choice is pretty easy at this point, I would be answering these questions:

1) How big do you need the unit when set up? Is it just you or for 2?
    2) Whats your riding style? Aggressive or passive?
    3) Whats your bike? Has it the power range for either choice?
    4) Weight matters? How important is bike & riding performance?
    5) Trailer dimensions? Does it matter to you?
    6) How do you intend to use it? Rallies - touring - extended stays?

There is no perfect set up, to get something you give up something.

For us a trailer is now a necessity. I'd rather not pull anything, because it changes my riding style, and that's why we chose a trailer that would least affect the riding experience, but there are compromises. Other trailers have faster set up times and have more usable space. Those benefits were not important to us, so for now, our choice works for us, it fulfills a need, comfort.

Good luck

I have a 2 year old Aspen Classic that is going up for sale soon....Has all the fancy stuff..Has been used 2 seasons..Harley colors..Most of the riders here are familiar with it..I have been at Chillout the last two years !!
    RIDE TO LIVE !

One thing on your leesure lite comparison, it that $5095 is Canadian pricing. USD would be about 25% lower....

--
    Gordon

You didn't have the Timeout campers on there.. although I know some ppl don't like them for their setup. They're really more of a 'base camp' kind of camper I think.. most inside off the ground floor space when they're set up than any other camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    One thing on your leesure lite comparison, it that $5095 is Canadian pricing. USD would be about 25% lower....

--
    Gordon
    Also, the original or "cycle" model is 48" wide and the "excel" model is 54" wide and they both sell for the same base price, per the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post

--
    Gordon
    I asked about that and the price of the Lees-ure Lite is in US dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    I asked about that and the price of the Lees-ure Lite is in US dollars.
    Did you go right to the leesure lite website. http://www.leesurelite.com/build-your-trailer.asp

They are a Canadian company and the price $5095 is Canadian. I ordered mine 2 years ago....paid in Canadian dollars, at that time was less than $5000 plus options. I had it shipped across Canada for me. (I'm Canadian)