Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Who turned off the heat?

Re: Who turned off the heat?

Its been weather whiplash lately as these cold fronts keep dropping down. Down to 13 tonight with some light snow but back up near 60 by the weekend.
    Meach and Maggie

05 vtx1300
    RIP 07 RS Venture

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Ya get used to it up here!

Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

(Threadstarter)

[QUOTE=Dusty Boots;168705]Ya get used to it up here!

I react the same way here both Winter and Summer to the weather forecast... For the past several years I haven't gone more than a week or so without taking a ride year round, (it's been nearly two months now due to wrecking my bike). Actually right now I really don't miss it much...

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Meach View Post
    Its been weather whiplash lately as these cold fronts keep dropping down. Down to 13 tonight with some light snow but back up near 60 by the weekend.
    I think they had it right back in the eighties when scientists were predicting a mini ice age was coming? The northern hemisphere is having a record breaking bout of bitter cold...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COLDest.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	21967

Even the animals are probably ready for a change. Picture sent to me by my sister yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	animal.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	501.7 KB 
ID:	21968
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

(Threadstarter)

Some animals don't seem to be affected at all by the cold... Around here we have cattle, horses, and donkeys or mules everywhere, no problems! I have a golden lab who has lived outdoors for the past ten years, and he doesn't seem affected either... Got the truck out on the road here this morning, cars in the ditches everywhere. One more single digit temp night here, then a slow warm up... My bike should be all fixed and ready to ride in another week or so!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
    I think they had it right back in the eighties when scientists were predicting a mini ice age was coming? The northern hemisphere is having a record breaking bout of bitter cold...
    Looking at the geological record, there's always another ice age or warming era coming up. There was just no one to blame it on back then.

And yes, anyone on the far side of 60 (like me) has seen forecasts of impending doom doom doom due to weather, famine, disease, you-name-it over and over again that just didn't happen.

Still, with the sheer number dire predictions out there, sooner or later all of them will be right at some point...if we wait long enough.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

Still waiting on winter to hit here. Last week we got 4 inches of snow and the next day it rained and 24 hours it was gone. We had 55 degrees over the weekend. I don't want to ride my Wing due to the ice melt crap they still put down at night. I want to ride my Skidoo, give me some winter.
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

Wish we could give you back your winter.. I think it's taking a vacation in the south this year. I was reading where they say the de-stabilization of the temps in the arctic are causing the jetstream to 'wobble' and that's what's sucking all the cold down our way. Wish I could go back in time and caution the climatologists not to say 'global warming' or 'global cooling'. Every year I hear the same old BS about how they were wrong all this time because how can we have global warming if I have a foot of snow outside? Or.. how could it be global cooling if the temps are at a record high today? It's climate change...weather extremes are what you SHOULD be seeing with what we've got going on right now. Nature will balance itself out, it always has. Problem is, some of those balancing points aren't exactly conducive to us little people living on this big old globe we call home. According to best guesses both Venus and Mars may have been a lot more earthlike in their history.. both are 'stable' they way they are.. but neither one is very hospitable as is right now.

I am in mid Fl. and it's freaking cold today! 29F
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long