Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who turned off the heat?

(Threadstarter)

Re: Who turned off the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    https://mail.google.com/mail

Need a little extra heat on the bike this morning....
    Here's one to consider...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sunburn.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	21875

I feel your pain....only going to be around ZERO here in central Ky.
    We actually hit -24 on NYE and headed for -20 tonight. Ive already had enough.
    2013 HD Tri Glide
    HOG, IBMC, NRA, NHRA, AWS

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by oldNbold View Post
    We actually hit -24 on NYE and headed for -20 tonight. Ive already had enough.
    Our weather forecast has it bitter cold into this coming weekend, then we catch a break with a rainy, (but somewhat warmer), low pressure center moving in... My neighbors are having problems with their heat pumps not keeping up, but so far I can't complain about ours. I think I'm the only one around here that bothered to install a LP tank to use for an aux heat source, (which really helps).

Saw a guy riding a side-car rig around Canton, OH the other day. The thermometer on by van said it was 19 outside. To paraphrase something I saw on Facebook the other day..."Why do I live where the air hurts my face?"
    We're not like this because we ride...we ride because we're like this

Back in my younger day...when we lived in various areas across The Sunshine State...I would get somewhat impatient with all the "snowbirds" coming down to "my" State for the Winter, creating more traffic issues than already existed, everywhere...and most of them were OLD....Well, now that I am one of those nearing the OLD category of folks...Florida is looking very good and I am having a much more accepting mind set when it comes to the wandering, sun-seeking, OLDer, snowbird....God bless 'em, one and all. My turn to "impose" on some of those "native" Floridians and get away from this Zero weather here...at least for a couple of weeks-months...

(Threadstarter)

Back in my younger day...when we lived in various areas across The Sunshine State...I would get somewhat impatient with all the "snowbirds" coming down to "my" State for the Winter, creating more traffic issues than already existed, everywhere...and most of them were OLD....Well, now that I am one of those nearing the OLD category of folks...Florida is looking very good and I am having a much more accepting mind set when it comes to the wandering, sun-seeking, OLDer, snowbird....God bless 'em, one and all. My turn to "impose" on some of those "native" Floridians and get away from this Zero weather here...at least for a couple of weeks-months...
    My parents did the snowbird thing for about 30 years between Houghton Lake MI and Lady Lake FL before staying South year round the last couple years of their independent lives... If I had the funds to own 2 places I might consider doing the same, but for now I'm pretty satisfied where I'm at in Southern Middle Tennessee! (although I have collected enough junk over the years to fill two households... )

Gives an idea what its like here in NE Ohio. I've got to survey a lot in Conneaut tomorrow. Not sure how I'm gonna find all the concrete monuments called for in the deeds.
    Hope this link works. 45 sec. video - motorcycle related!

https://www.facebook.com/11348815871...7468068321892/

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by baggerhog View Post
    Gives an idea what its like here in NE Ohio. I've got to survey a lot in Conneaut tomorrow. Not sure how I'm gonna find all the concrete monuments called for in the deeds.

LOL! I can still remember the feeling of riding on the snow packed roads up in Michigan... Once I had a buddy on the back and hit the rear bumper of a car that stopped in front of me. My front tire wedged under the huge chrome bumper stopping me instantly, and throwing my passenger over my head and on to the cars trunk! I didn't fall over or damage my bike, but my groin area was sore for a few days...

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
    My parents did the snowbird thing for about 30 years between Houghton Lake MI and Lady Lake FL before staying South year round the last couple years of their independent lives... If I had the funds to own 2 places I might consider doing the same, but for now I'm pretty satisfied where I'm at in Southern Middle Tennessee! (although I have collected enough junk over the years to fill two households... )
    Even though Kentucky and Tennessee do not exactly look like the Tropics just at this time (-2 this morning) we do look very appealing to the Northern crowd, not Florida, but still beats most of our northern States in winter comfort....some cold, maybe a little snow...mosquitoes are much more manageable and less aggressive than those of our southern States...even though these do become a little hostile up north...do have a little TICK issue...but so do they...and I do really like the other three Seasons here...88 days till Spring..

Quote Originally Posted by baggerhog View Post

This is humorous, but...personally, I feel a person doing this should be cited for "endangering the public" or maybe "creating a public nuisance" by riding in those conditions...Would I be allowed to ride a snowmobile on those roads? Would be safer. JMHO...