Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best purchase of 2017?

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Re: Best purchase of 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    Bought a new RAH. Set it up in the basement last week to add a few more gadgets.
    Can not wait to see your gadgets...remember pictures or it did not happen
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

I bought a house. It doesn't help a bit with the bike or my camping set up, but it sure is nice to have a Home Base. It stopped me from doing much traveling this past year, but this coming year, I'll get to go see roughly 10 different Flat Track races, hit a couple of rallies and still live within my budget while I pay down the debt accumulated by the purchase.

Here's a recent picture of Chez Crusty:

You can't put a price on Worthlessness.

WOW! ... What a cozy looking cottage, and what appears to be a basement garage ... Can't beat that ...

One question ... Will owning the home put a crimp on you travels to the land of Kangaroos ?

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Crusty,

Very nice place to come home too. You even put up Christmas light!!! Grats on the new home.

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    WOW! ... What a cozy looking cottage, and what appears to be a basement garage ... Can't beat that ...

One question ... Will owning the home put a crimp on you travels to the land of Kangaroos ?

G
    It almost completely stopped any traveling this past year and I'll be staying pretty much close to home this coming summer, but I'm planning on riding to the Arctic Ocean in Tuktoyaktuk, NT and Alaska in 2019, then heading back to Australia after that. I have a ride I want to do there that will be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    I would have to say 3 items.

One being a new to me 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour.
    I love all the different looks I can get from this bike with the quick connect trunk, passenger backrest and luggage rack, or without any of those.

2nd
    would be a large Therm A Rest Mondoking 3D self inflating sleeping pad that is 4" thick!
    Kind of large n bulky when deflated and rolled up, but the sleeping luxury and not having to inflate it is worth it, especially for the price I got it for!

Lastly is a 2 man tent that I had recommended to my friend Beemer Brad. It's an Alps Mountaineering Lynx 2, with aluminium poles.
    I got to see it in person/action this past season when Brad and I hooked up for a trip together and I was impressed by the value of this roomy, yet fairly compact low budget tent, which I picked up for under $88.

Dumb question.......maybe???? I bought the same air mattress as you. How in heavens name were you able to get it back in the carry bag? I had 6 people and a bull dozer trying to roll it up. Ok not really;-) but I sure can't get it back in the carry sack. Whats the secret????

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

I guess it takes some practice.
    Open up both Valves, roll up mattress tightly as best you can, placing your knees on it while doing so. Close valves when you get it rolled up, unroll and do again, opening valves when halfway rolled up, then close valves when rolled up.

I have found over the years with any of the 4 other Term-A-Rests I've owned, that you have to roll them up twice to get all the air out of them so they will fit back in the stuff sack.
    This one is the easiest to fit because the stuff sack is so oversize.

BTW ..... I recommend you leave it inflated with the valves open placed under your bed, or upright in a closet when not being used to make for quicker inflation after you open the valves during use.
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81ovppMXrkL._SY355_.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	21887
    http://www.motocampers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5034&dateline=1330183  531

New tent! I can stand up inside to get dressed/prepared for what lies ahead. With addition of a trailer to my gear I can afford the extra weight/space requirements. It is luxurious to have lots of extra room! about 7' x 7' x 7'.
    oh...North Face Wawona 4 person with twin vestibules. I can sit in a chair in the vestibule to remove my muddy boots in the rain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wawona4.jpg  

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherJoe View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81ovppMXrkL._SY355_.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	21887

Very nice. French press?