Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best purchase of 2017?

Best purchase of 2017?

What is the best camping/motorcycle related item(s) you have acquired in 2017?

I bought a new helmet LS2 Strobe w/integrated headset. My Nolan was getting long in the tooth at 5 years old.

Also picked up a new suspension from Dutchware from my hammock.

So how about you?
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Re: Best purchase of 2017?

Not sure I can answer this.i bought a lot of big items in 2017. I traded my big camper for a toy hauler, sold the Aliner and bought a used leesure lite that we have not used yet, and I added 2012 ultra classic limited to the stable. We put over 3000 miles on it after I bought it before it got cold.

Just purchased new LED headlight from SoCAL for the 1800....nice and bright!!
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 30,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by fabricater View Post
    Not sure I can answer this.i bought a lot of big items in 2017. I traded my big camper for a toy hauler, sold the Aliner and bought a used leesure lite that we have not used yet, and I added 2012 ultra classic limited to the stable. We put over 3000 miles on it after I bought it before it got cold.
    WOW! I did not realize you guys had done that much. You will love the LL

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by wingpilot08 View Post
    Just purchased new LED headlight from SoCAL for the 1800....nice and bright!!
    Very nice. How much of a pain was it to install?

Ordered (on their winter promotion) and picked up our new Aspen Classic in April. Listed our Mini Mate on Facebook and luckily had a guy blowing up my phone in 40 minutes. Within 60 hours he drove down from MN and was at the front door, cash in hand.

Installed a stage one on the road glide with DK Customs intake, Fuel Moto Jackport 2 into 1 exhaust and dynavision tuner. Nice little gain in HP and reduction in heat from getting rid of the Cat. Picture below is prior to this work

Randy
    2009 Road King 2014 Mini Mate sold
    2016 Road Glide Ultra
    2017 Aspen Classic

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Very nice. How much of a pain was it to install?
    Low beams are not hard at all...haven't done the high beams as of yet. Maybe next year!

Finally broke down and bought my first "Brand New" bike.

After over 50 years of riding and buying used bikes I finally did it. LOL

Problem is, it is so new that no one is making a hitch for it yet so, I found a guy in south Florida that builds motorcycle hitches. Contacted him and he made me a deal I couldn't refuse. I rode down to Ft Meyers (500 mile road trip) and he used my bike to make a pattern. Month later he sent the prototype to me to test fit. Everything worked great so, I'm sending the prototype back and he is "giving me a brand new hitch" for my troubles. I'll get it in about another month, black powder coated to match my new bike.

Oh yea, the new bike is a 2018 Harley Heritage with the 114 engine. I put a couple thousand miles on it then had a Stage II done to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1021171203.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	21864

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike and trailer.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	21863

Sold the 2006 Aspen Classic in July. Sold my 2006 GL1800 level four last week.

Purchased a 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive in August. Just received a trailer hitch for the Burgie this past week.

I plan on ordering one of these
    but that will be an official 2018 purchase. Hope to make it to the Chillout in June with my new rig. Of course, a new tent will be in order, most likely a Coleman Sundome as I am not a hardcore camper, not like Dusty

One reason for the new tent is that I lent my sundome to SIL and of course it was returned sans the pole that holds the rainfly above the tent. I have researched a replacement pole or repair kit but to no avail. Besides, the six man sundome is pretty cheap and I liked mine a lot.

I guess I will be this guy at the chillout:
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Haven't got to try it out yet but I picked up a Klymit sleeping pad, I'm hoping it turns out well!
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster