Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Planning - What is on your agenda?

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Re: 2018 Planning - What is on your agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    I have a hankering to do a relaxed camping trip along the Ohio River Scenic Byway, from Beaver Falls. PA, to Cairo IL.
    Not sure if that will happen this year, or not.
    Planning on making the Chill Out, IL M&G along with the MO Camp Out and possibly a couple others.
    Kind of my plan for Athens...quiet relaxing trip. I have maps from Roadrunner for 4 days of riding in the area so I will set up a camp and ride from there.
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    I am going to Hocking Hills state park in Ohio for the 1st 3 nights of camping then heading to Blackwater Falls again for the 3rd time! LOVE it there! If I was to recommend a place I would stay at Old Mans campground in Hocking Hills state park.. the riding is awesome there and lots to check out! I loved it so much that I plan on going to both places as I did this year!
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    So far I'm planning on the Chill Out, the Very Boring Rally up in Duluth, and will probably do the Hogrock Rally in October. Hopefully I'll get back to being back on the bike every time I leave the house. All this walking back and forth on the back porch and up and down the road is getting boring!
    Tell Momma to put a donut on a stick and just keep it moving in front of you

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    Deb: The daily fee this summer (2017) was $24/day with electric. Not sure what the rate will be this summer. I always stayed in the Hilltop area loop. Usually sites 88 to 100. This is close to the showerhouse. Here is a map of the camping area: https://media.roverpass.com/maps/ima...png?1487363469. Not sure about festivals for 2018, nothing has been published yet this year.

Linda: I may be able to stop there when you do before the Blackwater campout. My schedule is not firm yet but am sure to be at Blackwater Campout.
    so 88 - 100 has power? While I don't have to have power, I like it just to run my fan at night and charge everything up

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    so 88 - 100 has power? While I don't have to have power, I like it just to run my fan at night and charge everything up
    Awesome Jim! U wont be disappointed if u can go to Hocking Hills! I found this place via a suggestion from a kayaking friend who runs a FB page for tristate kayaking...he said it was the best Ohio state park in his opinion due to all the things to see and do and he is right I feel!

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Now you've done it, I'll have to go get some good donuts tomorrow!
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Now, that was funny....

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    I have a hankering to do a relaxed camping trip along the Ohio River Scenic Byway, from Beaver Falls. PA, to Cairo IL.
    Not sure if that will happen this year, or not.
    Planning on making the Chill Out, IL M&G along with the MO Camp Out and possibly a couple others.
    You may have done it already, but year before last the wife and I took the Aspen up The Great River Road from Paducah, Ky north to the Headwaters of the Great Mississippi River...going north on the western side and back south on the eastern side...great scenery and a lot of camping available. If this is in your direction of travel you would enjoy it, especially The Headwaters in Itaska SP, Mn...

Deb:
    All sites in the Hilltop area and Big Oak area have electric, not sure about the other areas. Water spigots are located about every third site.

Jim

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

If the PA Campout is held this year, I will try to fit that one in. Susan and I both like that area so I am betting she will follow me up in the car again and yes! I will have a spare car key on me
    Deb, I am thinking on the Date of Sept 7 - 9 at Loleta Rec Area, for the 6th Annual NW PA Camp Out.
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg