Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Planning - What is on your agenda?

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Re: 2018 Planning - What is on your agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    Deb...

While you are in Athens, OH check out the Lake Snowden Campground (Google it). It's about 8 miles west of Athens on RT 50. Very nice place to camp and they have a nice lake for fishing and boating. I have camped there at least twice a summer for the last three years with a group from another forum. They have festivals there all summer long. I have attended jazz and blues festivals plus a steam show and micro brewery weekends. Fantastic riding roads in that area if you like gentle sweeping curves and hills to ride on.
    Also if you are in Athens, you have to stop at O'Betty's hot dog shop. Besides the best hotdogs in OH, it is also a destination to not miss. Go to www.obettys.com/. I stop there every time I go to Athens to camp or even if I am just traveling thru.

Jim
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at the map trying to determine where I wanted to camp at. I will be there for at least 5 nights and was checking out Stroudsrun State Park. Lake Snowden looks good. Any idea on the nightly rates? I can't seem to locate it on their web page.
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Our plan for 2018 is a 2-3 week trip from Pa across the northern tier states to complete our map and get all 48 contiguous states. Will hopefully doing the trip with a riding buddy that just purchased a 2013 Bunkhouse!!
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 30,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by wingpilot08 View Post
    Our plan for 2018 is a 2-3 week trip from Pa across the northern tier states to complete our map and get all 48 contiguous states. Will hopefully doing the trip with a riding buddy that just purchased a 2013 Bunkhouse!!
    That sounds like fun. When you hit MI, go up to the UP then take 2 across. Beautiful country up there

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

I have a hankering to do a relaxed camping trip along the Ohio River Scenic Byway, from Beaver Falls. PA, to Cairo IL.
    Not sure if that will happen this year, or not.
    Planning on making the Chill Out, IL M&G along with the MO Camp Out and possibly a couple others.
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

I'm thinking about going back up to Michigan again. I went this year on what was supposed to be a 3 week trip but, a little thing called Irma put a kink in that trip.

Was supposed to go to Michigan, cross Lake Michigan and stop at the Harley Museum in Milwaukee then on to La Claire Iowa to the American Pickers store. After that was going to ride on out to Sturgis then wind my way back to Florida. Only made it to Iowa then got a call from my wife that the hurricane made a change in course so, had to bust butt back. But, I did get to ride my bike across Lake Michigan, well, sort of. Sat on it while on the ferry. LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized952017090695160659.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	21865

Quote Originally Posted by fabricater View Post
    I don't know anything about this ride ,but I am sure I have been on or around the Rts that are used in the ride. There is a lot of curves,twist,and hills on the roads here in S.E.Ohio
    I am going to Hocking Hills state park in Ohio for the 1st 3 nights of camping then heading to Blackwater Falls again for the 3rd time! LOVE it there! If I was to recommend a place I would stay at Old Mans campground in Hocking Hills state park.. the riding is awesome there and lots to check out! I loved it so much that I plan on going to both places as I did this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Lost my job in December due to company closing. Any one know of an opening for a quality engineer?
    Being forced into retirement. Wife wants to move near family in Las Vegas, NV ASAP.
    So camping will be in the Southwestern states.
    So sorry to hear about this David! Hope u get another job and get settled in NV..good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    Deb...

While you are in Athens, OH check out the Lake Snowden Campground (Google it). It's about 8 miles west of Athens on RT 50. Very nice place to camp and they have a nice lake for fishing and boating. I have camped there at least twice a summer for the last three years with a group from another forum. They have festivals there all summer long. I have attended jazz and blues festivals plus a steam show and micro brewery weekends. Fantastic riding roads in that area if you like gentle sweeping curves and hills to ride on.
    Also if you are in Athens, you have to stop at O'Betty's hot dog shop. Besides the best hotdogs in OH, it is also a destination to not miss. Go to www.obettys.com/. I stop there every time I go to Athens to camp or even if I am just traveling thru.

Jim
    I bookmarked this and may stop there on my way to Blackwater next year!

Deb: The daily fee this summer (2017) was $24/day with electric. Not sure what the rate will be this summer. I always stayed in the Hilltop area loop. Usually sites 88 to 100. This is close to the showerhouse. Here is a map of the camping area: https://media.roverpass.com/maps/ima...png?1487363469. Not sure about festivals for 2018, nothing has been published yet this year.

Linda: I may be able to stop there when you do before the Blackwater campout. My schedule is not firm yet but am sure to be at Blackwater Campout.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

So far I'm planning on the Chill Out, the Very Boring Rally up in Duluth, and will probably do the Hogrock Rally in October. Hopefully I'll get back to being back on the bike every time I leave the house. All this walking back and forth on the back porch and up and down the road is getting boring!
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster