Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Planning - What is on your agenda?

2018 Planning - What is on your agenda?

2017 was not a good year for me and camping. Between health issues, buying our retirement property, and family plans, I was only able to get the camper out once for an overnight local trip. I would very much like for that to change in 2018!

Below is what is kind of on my plate assuming family plans don't get in the way.

Chill Out - If need be I am going to tow with my truck. I really missed seeing everyone in 2017.

Athens, Oh via Rt. 50. There are some areas of Ohio/WV I have wanted to investigate for a number of year...I ain't getting any younger

Birmingham, Alabama. This is a strong maybe. The Motor Maids annual is being held there this year in July and while I would like to go, weather will be the deciding factor. Hot, humid weather does not agree with me at all so we will see what happens.

Blackwater Falls, WV Last year family plans bumped this off my schedule. I would really like to make it this year. It is close to home, a great campground, and October is about the best time for camping in my book.

If the PA Campout is held this year, I will try to fit that one in. Susan and I both like that area so I am betting she will follow me up in the car again and yes! I will have a spare car key on me

So have you started planning your 2018 camping? If so what is on your plate?
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Re: 2018 Planning - What is on your agenda?

We have not made any plans for next year yet. It's hard to tell where we will end up camping. Missouri camp out is on my mind,but will see when the time comes. Also blackwater falls is a close ride for us so that's always on the list.

Athens, Oh via Rt. 50. There are some areas of Ohio/WV I have wanted to investigate for a number of year...I ain't getting any younger
    Athens is only 25 miles from us . We may be able to help if you have any questions.

If they don't get my heart working right won't have to worry about plans for riding or camping.
    Gary

2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by fabricater View Post
    Athens is only 25 miles from us . We may be able to help if you have any questions.
    I was actually looking at doing this RoadRunner Shamrock ride. http://www.roadrunner.travel/magazin...-2017/page/50/

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I was actually looking at doing this RoadRunner Shamrock ride. http://www.roadrunner.travel/magazin...-2017/page/50/
    I don't know anything about this ride ,but I am sure I have been on or around the Rts that are used in the ride. There is a lot of curves,twist,and hills on the roads here in S.E.Ohio

Hoping to do Alaska run and some other weekend camping trips

Lost my job in December due to company closing. Any one know of an opening for a quality engineer?
    Being forced into retirement. Wife wants to move near family in Las Vegas, NV ASAP.
    So camping will be in the Southwestern states.
    My life is a caricature of reality
    David C.
    Suzuki VStrom 650 - Sold, Current Ryde Can Am Spyder STS -" "
    Honda ST1300 - Sold, Suzuki Burgman 400 - RIP

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Lost my job in December due to company closing. Any one know of an opening for a quality engineer?
    Being forced into retirement. Wife wants to move near family in Las Vegas, NV ASAP.
    So camping will be in the Southwestern states.
    Sorry to hear about your job

Deb...

While you are in Athens, OH check out the Lake Snowden Campground (Google it). It's about 8 miles west of Athens on RT 50. Very nice place to camp and they have a nice lake for fishing and boating. I have camped there at least twice a summer for the last three years with a group from another forum. They have festivals there all summer long. I have attended jazz and blues festivals plus a steam show and micro brewery weekends. Fantastic riding roads in that area if you like gentle sweeping curves and hills to ride on.
    Also if you are in Athens, you have to stop at O'Betty's hot dog shop. Besides the best hotdogs in OH, it is also a destination to not miss. Go to www.obettys.com/. I stop there every time I go to Athens to camp or even if I am just traveling thru.

Jim