Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an Aliner Alite 400

Looking for an Aliner Alite 400

Would like to buy an Aliner Alite 400 camper. Thanks

Re: Looking for an Aliner Alite 400

Not sure what you want to do with an Aliner Alite but if you want to tow it with a motorcycle here is something I posted over at Spyderlovers.com:

First of all, never never never ever ever ever believe any weight specifications from any RV manufacturer. Never ever.

For an example, we were looking at an Aliner Alite which was listed as 400 lbs. and was supposed to have a tongue weight of 40 lbs. It actually weighed 560 lbs. with a tongue weight of 90 lbs. This trailer was completely empty and had no options on it. I have seen other RV's like that so if you are going to buy a "lightweight" trailer to pull behind your Spyder make them weigh it in front of you before you pay them! No kidding!
    2014 Roll-A-Home
    Harbor Freight Tag-Along
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS (His)
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited (Hers)

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by wa5vhu View Post
    Not sure what you want to do with an Aliner Alite but if you want to tow it with a motorcycle here is something I posted over at Spyderlovers.com:

First of all, never never never ever ever ever believe any weight specifications from any RV manufacturer. Never ever.

For an example, we were looking at an Aliner Alite which was listed as 400 lbs. and was supposed to have a tongue weight of 40 lbs. It actually weighed 560 lbs. with a tongue weight of 90 lbs. This trailer was completely empty and had no options on it. I have seen other RV's like that so if you are going to buy a "lightweight" trailer to pull behind your Spyder make them weigh it in front of you before you pay them! No kidding!
    Planning to pull it it with a Ford Ranger truck. Have been looking for an Alite for a while but no luck. Thought this forum might be a good place to find one. Thanks.

We sold ours in October to someone who wanted to to tow it with a small truck. We found ours used on trike talk. They are rare. Hope you find one. The ones I have seen are usually in the western part of the country.

Not sure if this an old add or not but just found this when I searched. http://www.rvhunter.com/page-12011.html

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    Not sure if this an old add or not but just found this when I searched. http://www.rvhunter.com/page-12011.html
    Must be an old ad. I have replied to it several times and got no response. Thanks.

I do a nationwide search using
    "whatever" site:craigslist.org"

Searching on

alite 400 site:craigslist.org

got me this

https://kpr.craigslist.org/tro/d/200...388826786.html

That's a pretty well set up Aliner! Already has shore power and AC setup as well as toilet. Wish they had listed the actual 'as shown' weight of the unit however.. he listed it as 'dry weight 452lbs' but states that doesn't include the extra weight of the air conditioner or the rear storage box. Still, damn good deal!

That Aliner does took pretty cool. Looking at the pictures, I'm not seeing how one would feel the cool air of the A/C unit if the twin or queen sized bed was setup. Wouldn't the bed/cushions be covering the A/C unit?
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by wa5vhu View Post
    I do a nationwide search using
    "whatever" site:craigslist.org"

Searching on

alite 400 site:craigslist.org

got me this

https://kpr.craigslist.org/tro/d/200...388826786.html
    Looks like a good deal. Wish it was closer to Oklahoma.