Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer For New to me Suzuki Burgman 650

Trailer For New to me Suzuki Burgman 650

Purchased a hitch for my scooter and I am thinking this trailer would be a good choice: https://theusatrailerstore.com/lumin.../#reviews-wrap

Does anyone have experience with this particular trailer?
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Re: Trailer For New to me Suzuki Burgman 650

I bought that trailer used from a friend (w/3000 miles). It had been sitting and the tires were square. Replaced them. I noticed it likes a bit more tongue weight than I expected to pull without weaving, so I moved the heavy stuff to the front ... Added a spare tire under the ice chest and filled the chest with ice. The weather seal around the lid didn't fit tight so I replaced the weather stripping with something thicker. The rack also leaked through the top ... Siliconed the bolt holes. It now pulls straight and easy behind my 20 year old Harley. It is strong and well made for the price, should go anywhere.

I figure it waggled on ya because it's got a fairly short tongue on it. It's a nice looking unit for sure. From my perspective, it seems a bit heavy and industrial to pull behind a Burgman tho. Not knocking the Burgman at all, my dad has one and that is one capable platform, just seems a little chunkier than what I would want personally. Seems like it's a unit that would have a lot of longevity that's for sure.

Bob Vail
    (Threadstarter)

• 190 lb empty weight - The lightest aluminum trailer on the market - I'm used to dragging around 500# loaded with my Aspen Classic, so I'm thinking this should be a cakewalk. As far as the square profile, my campers were all square. Homebuilts (HF) were more streamlined, but I don't think it matters that much as we are dragging trailers through dirty air from the motorcycle. JMHO

OH well heck if it's that light why not? I hadn't ever seen one metal framed that was that light. good find! If you don't mind me asking how many beans are we looking at for that unit?

Bob Vail
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    OH well heck if it's that light why not? I hadn't ever seen one metal framed that was that light. good find! If you don't mind me asking how many beans are we looking at for that unit?
    Click on my the link to the seller for all the info. It's on my OP. They are 'on sale' now, just like all trailers in the winter season. Several different sizes, colors, etc. Yes, they are made in China. So what? As long as it works, what do I care

p.s. They deliver to your door, just like the Harbor Freight trailers. Trailer in a box. You bolt it together and good to go.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Nice looking trailer Bob! I keep looking for some kind of tool box about that size to put on mine.
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

I like the usatrailerstore, bought my rally wagon from them and got exactly what I paid for. Again it's chinese too, but don't care. ONly thing I noticed is that the tongue isn't really high quality, it rusted pretty quick, but that can be changed out cheaply if needed. I think I paid somewhere around 800 for mine and it was worth every penny. I loved the diamond plate look and the big tires on it. Got a lot of attention whenever I parked it.

Bob Vail
    (Threadstarter)

Steve,

Maybe you could purchase everything above the frame. Box, etc. Or check out Harbor Freight. They have just about everything and It's all made in the PRC

Bob Vail
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    I like the usatrailerstore, bought my rally wagon from them and got exactly what I paid for. Again it's chinese too, but don't care. ONly thing I noticed is that the tongue isn't really high quality, it rusted pretty quick, but that can be changed out cheaply if needed. I think I paid somewhere around 800 for mine and it was worth every penny. I loved the diamond plate look and the big tires on it. Got a lot of attention whenever I parked it.
    I saw a comment regarding this trailer on another forum. Owner said it was 'wandering' (wiggle wagon) but that went away after he transferred the heavy load to the front.

Is the tongue a bolt on like H/F? That would be easy enough to fix with square aluminum tubing.

The give 'free' swivel hitches with the trailer or a trailer cover. I'm thinking the cover since I'm not that interested in swivels.