Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow in Dixie

(Threadstarter)

Re: Snow in Dixie

So the first day was exciting watching all the snow fall. Would be a different story if I was at work, worrying about getting home, etc. Traffic can be a awful on a normal day here in metro Atlanta, throw in some snow and it can be a nightmare. This snow was supposed to just a dusting, it sort of came in waves. 3-4 in in the morning, late afternoon another 3-4 in, then another 3-4 in overnight. I think it was the overnight snow that finally brought down a lot of trees, many of which hadn't dropped all their leaves yet. As of yesterday reports say there were still 200 trees blocking roads with 25,000 people still without power as of this morning. 8 local schools had no power. Between ice and no power schools were closed. Several days with no power would not be a lot of fun.

So now the fun is over, everything is still covered with snow as there is so much it will take a long time to melt away. I have to clean almost a foot of snow off the autos to go anywhere, clear walkways, etc. Good thing this was a rare event or I'd have to move with everyone else to FL

Couple more pics

Maggie and I went for a walk as it was pouring snow, I didn't think to turn off my camera flash which kept reflecting off the falling snowflakes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow 2017 house.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	21843

I went over Sat. morning to check on a neighbors house for tree damage who live in New York City most of the year. Their house was fine, a pic looking back at our house. Was a winter wonder land.
    [Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow 2017 house4.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	21845
    Meach and Maggie

05 vtx1300
    RIP 07 RS Venture

E. Iowa, Overnite Camping 15mi off Hwy 20

Those are pretty pictures, keepers for all kinds of reasons.

Hey Meach, Welcome to our world... Now you know what the poor suckers feel like that live up North... Hope everything is back to normal for you guys.
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    Hey Meach, Welcome to our world... Now you know what the poor suckers feel like that live up North... Hope everything is back to normal for you guys.
    Heck, I was out christmas shopping a few days after the snow on my VTX. Snow doesn't usually last long here in the south. You folks up in snow land have to live with it all winter.

Yea, it was a toasty -4 this morning when I went to work. Doesn't get into the 20's for the next ten days in the forecast. Makes you appreciate summer when it shows up...

This "cooler" weather will only make your Georgia mosquitoes a little tougher and hungrier....