Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another VTX bites the dust...

(Threadstarter)

Re: Another VTX bites the dust...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    Jim first off glad to hear you are okay! Don't give up too quick on the county having your bike fixed. When I worked for KYDOT the state paid for many broken windshields due to our mowing crews. I don't know about the county level but I would dang sure check into it!
    I can only add here that the trooper who wrote the incident report knew the road crew, and acted kinda funny to me... My bike will get fixed or totalled out either way, I have full coverage!

(Threadstarter)

Gave a recorded statement to the county's insurer this morning, and afterwards was told that the other driver admitted he backed into me... However they are wondering if I could have done something to avoid being hit LOL! I told him maybe, but it might have resulted in a personal injury as well. For one, if I accelerated forward to veer away I would be increasing the collision speed, and two, if I tried to roll backwards I could have gone off balance and fallen off the bike... Who knows what would have happened?

Did you hit your horn or anything?

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    Did you hit your horn or anything?
    Yeah I hit the horn briefly while I shouted for him to stop, but he didn't hear any of it... Simply a case of him being negligent while backing, but with three cops talking to five county employees who know what will come of the truth? It's me against the world here... LOL @#$%!

The story will be "motorcyclist plowed into the back of a stopped city vehicle resulting in significant damage to the motorcycle, no damage to the city vehicle and no personal injury. Biker apparently fell asleep and lost control of his equipment."

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
    Yeah I hit the horn briefly while I shouted for him to stop, but he didn't hear any of it... Simply a case of him being negligent while backing, but with three cops talking to five county employees who know what will come of the truth? It's me against the world here... LOL @#$%!
    Are they thinking you have a reverse gear on your bike? Impossible to back up quickly enough just using your legs. Why would any sane person think that you would risk being injured or possibly killed just to collect on a settlement? It looks like they are intent on avoiding paying for any damages. It doesn't matter, in the end what matters is that you're OK. Get a bike with louder pipes! LOL

(Threadstarter)

I think the issue is shared liability, even though the truck driver admitted he was backing up and didn't see me back there... They can kiss my rosy butt... @#$%!

(Threadstarter)

Here's a few pictures from my Tracfone... Notice that the front and rear view both appear to show a slight incline? You can see how the truck bumper rode up my tire and crushed back the fender! Hard to tell if fork tubes are bent back, or wheel compressed at all? Wondering what all it will need...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1128134611.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	245.9 KB 
ID:	21814

Name:	1128134706.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	21815

Name:	1128134724.jpg 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	21816

Name:	1128135300.jpg 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	21817

Name:	1128135317.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	21818

Man ... that “road” looks more like a two track than a county road ... Can see why you had nowhere to go ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    Man ... that “road” looks more like a two track than a county road ... Can see why you had nowhere to go ...
    Lots of back roads like that here... Beautiful country to ride through, but you have to stay alert for wildlife, (and county trucks ). If I ever buy another new bike it will be equipped with dual train style air horns!