Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Backing up trailer

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    N.E. OHIO
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6

    Re: Backing up trailer


  2. #12
    Site Supporter Bluetick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Marys, PA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Backing up trailer

    I don't know about the reverse but I'd like to add their seven speed to mine. It's got a lower first gear which would come in handy hauling the trailer.
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

  3. #13
    Bukwas lqqk_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    789

    Re: Backing up trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    I don't know about the reverse but I'd like to add their seven speed to mine. It's got a lower first gear which would come in handy hauling the trailer.
    With the Baker Drivetrain Black Friday special, they had a few available for $1500, about a 50% discount. Not sure if they still have them available at that price. Worth investigating if you really want one.

    https://bakerdrivetrain.com/collecti...t=180121141262


    https://bakerdrivetrain.com/pages/bl...discount-codes
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

  4. #14
    Site Supporter Bluetick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Marys, PA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Backing up trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    With the Baker Drivetrain Black Friday special, they had a few available for $1500, about a 50% discount. Not sure if they still have them available at that price. Worth investigating if you really want one.
    There is a difference between wanting and affording one.... That is a deal though, 50% off.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    202

    Re: Backing up trailer

    Is it easier with a Gold Wing with reverse?

    SIGNIFICANTLY, and you can back uphill.

    Fill

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South East OH
    Age
    52
    Posts
    688

    Re: Backing up trailer

    Has anyone used reverse on a HD. I wonder how fast/ slow it is? Can the bike be controlled going backwards? I might be interested in adding reverse to my HD. The wing uses the starter for reverse and it is easy to release the starter button to stop the bike if the bike becomes unsteady.

  7. #17
    BigBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Age
    65
    Posts
    661

    Re: Backing up trailer

    A buddy of mine had reverse in his HD Ultra before he got his Trike and it was faster backing up than the 1500 Wing I had at the time. It was engine driven. I believe he dumped it with the wife on the back backing up too fast.... that's why they got the HD Trike.
    I do like the reverse in the Wing when backing with or without the camper. Another buddy with a Goldwing trike walks along side the rig pushing the button as he backs the camper, just take your finger of the button and it stops.
    Last edited by BigBob; 11-26-2017 at 02:31 AM. Reason: fat fingers
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

  8. #18
    Site Supporter dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,695

    Re: Backing up trailer

    I have a GW Trike and still don't back up my LL. I can back up a trailer with my F150 just fine but I either over correct or under correct with the trike. So, I just get off, unhook, and put the camper where I want it by hand. Much easier than screwing around with it.
    Deb

    2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

  9. #19
    #%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,087

    Re: Backing up trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I have a GW Trike and still don't back up my LL. I can back up a trailer with my F150 just fine but I either over correct or under correct with the trike. So, I just get off, unhook, and put the camper where I want it by hand. Much easier than screwing around with it.
    Deb, I agree, the shorter the trailer the more difficult it is for me to back up. It's funny that I can put a lowboy trailer anywhere I want, but struggle backing my 10' trailer into my shop at a 90 degree angle!
    Steve

    2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

  10. #20
    Site Supporter dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,695

    Re: Backing up trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    Deb, I agree, the shorter the trailer the more difficult it is for me to back up. It's funny that I can put a lowboy trailer anywhere I want, but struggle backing my 10' trailer into my shop at a 90 degree angle!
    Yeah my older brother who backed semi's all his working life into the docks at the meat packing plant, laughed his butt off when I was trying to back my MM into his garage. I finally got off and told him to just STFU and do it....10 attempts later we unhooked and backed it up by hand together

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •