Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backing up trailer

Re: Backing up trailer

I don't know about the reverse but I'd like to add their seven speed to mine. It's got a lower first gear which would come in handy hauling the trailer.
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    I don't know about the reverse but I'd like to add their seven speed to mine. It's got a lower first gear which would come in handy hauling the trailer.
    With the Baker Drivetrain Black Friday special, they had a few available for $1500, about a 50% discount. Not sure if they still have them available at that price. Worth investigating if you really want one.

https://bakerdrivetrain.com/collecti...t=180121141262

https://bakerdrivetrain.com/pages/bl...discount-codes
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    With the Baker Drivetrain Black Friday special, they had a few available for $1500, about a 50% discount. Not sure if they still have them available at that price. Worth investigating if you really want one.
    There is a difference between wanting and affording one.... That is a deal though, 50% off.

Is it easier with a Gold Wing with reverse?

SIGNIFICANTLY, and you can back uphill.

Fill

Has anyone used reverse on a HD. I wonder how fast/ slow it is? Can the bike be controlled going backwards? I might be interested in adding reverse to my HD. The wing uses the starter for reverse and it is easy to release the starter button to stop the bike if the bike becomes unsteady.

A buddy of mine had reverse in his HD Ultra before he got his Trike and it was faster backing up than the 1500 Wing I had at the time. It was engine driven. I believe he dumped it with the wife on the back backing up too fast.... that's why they got the HD Trike.
    I do like the reverse in the Wing when backing with or without the camper. Another buddy with a Goldwing trike walks along side the rig pushing the button as he backs the camper, just take your finger of the button and it stops.
    Last edited by BigBob; 11-26-2017 at 02:31 AM. Reason: fat fingers
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

I have a GW Trike and still don't back up my LL. I can back up a trailer with my F150 just fine but I either over correct or under correct with the trike. So, I just get off, unhook, and put the camper where I want it by hand. Much easier than screwing around with it.
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I have a GW Trike and still don't back up my LL. I can back up a trailer with my F150 just fine but I either over correct or under correct with the trike. So, I just get off, unhook, and put the camper where I want it by hand. Much easier than screwing around with it.
    Deb, I agree, the shorter the trailer the more difficult it is for me to back up. It's funny that I can put a lowboy trailer anywhere I want, but struggle backing my 10' trailer into my shop at a 90 degree angle!
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    Deb, I agree, the shorter the trailer the more difficult it is for me to back up. It's funny that I can put a lowboy trailer anywhere I want, but struggle backing my 10' trailer into my shop at a 90 degree angle!
    Yeah my older brother who backed semi's all his working life into the docks at the meat packing plant, laughed his butt off when I was trying to back my MM into his garage. I finally got off and told him to just STFU and do it....10 attempts later we unhooked and backed it up by hand together