SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

Re: Not ready to stop

I cannot imaging not to ride myself. We RV and we will MC with trailer soon

2014 Ultra Classic Limited
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
    That video was great. It touched on how I felt during my chemo treatments. After the first six months of the nasty chemo was over I was really run down. I told my Doc's I need to go for a ride. They figured I talking about riding around town. No I wanted to take a RIDE! I wanted to take a trip, my spirit needed it. The Doc's looked at my remaining chemo schedule and told me I had two weeks in July that I could go but I could not go alone, they knew I could not make it alone. My Wing riding wife could not go on short notice so I called a couple buddy's and they said yes and we had a great time going down the Alcan to camp in Jasper. Oh, the Doc's were right. The first day on the road we only did 160 miles and I was so exhausted I could not set up my camper. My spirit has returned. Riding has helped, this past summer I covered 19500 miles.
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    That video was great. It touched on how I felt during my chemo treatments. After the first six months of the nasty chemo was over I was really run down. I told my Doc's I need to go for a ride. They figured I talking about riding around town. No I wanted to take a RIDE! I wanted to take a trip, my spirit needed it. The Doc's looked at my remaining chemo schedule and told me I had two weeks in July that I could go but I could not go alone, they knew I could not make it alone. My Wing riding wife could not go on short notice so I called a couple buddy's and they said yes and we had a great time going down the Alcan to camp in Jasper. Oh, the Doc's were right. The first day on the road we only did 160 miles and I was so exhausted I could not set up my camper. My spirit has returned. Riding has helped, this past summer I covered 19500 miles.
    Glad it lifted your spirits...

I'm with you on this subject.I'm 85 and and did down size to my 014 Honda 300 scooter and it will take me and camping gear any where I wish to go.800 miles has been the longest trip.Top speed is 80 and has a mile eating speed of 75 with a 50 lb.camping load.Gas milage is 70 to 80.This year is the beginning of 61 yrs.and I don.t intend to stop. Blessed with good health and still have all my body parts working.A friend of my quit at 85 and told me you will know when to quit.I'm waiting.I plan to make the 1BMC CAMPOUT. see you there.
    LuRay ]turtle
    TURTLE

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LURAY View Post
    I'm with you on this subject.I'm 85 and and did down size to my 014 Honda 300 scooter and it will take me and camping gear any where I wish to go.800 miles has been the longest trip.Top speed is 80 and has a mile eating speed of 75 with a 50 lb.camping load.Gas milage is 70 to 80.This year is the beginning of 61 yrs.and I don.t intend to stop. Blessed with good health and still have all my body parts working.A friend of my quit at 85 and told me you will know when to quit.I'm waiting.I plan to make the 1BMC CAMPOUT. see you there.
    LuRay ]turtle
    WOW I too plan to keep it going as I am now 85 or cloase yet my three wheels now allows me to ride safer and more enjoyable. Your story rocks for motovation Hooah