Thread: Not ready to stop

Not ready to stop

For what ever reason I was not into riding as much this year as I have been in the past. Granny and I spent most of our weekends camping in the RV instead of motocamping and riding. Then I got hit with the riding bug. I had the trike out running around when she was at work and taking her out to eat. We took day trip to Amish country and so on. We took the HD ultra to Hilton Head S.C. ,stay in motels on this trip. I am not done,but the weather has turn cold and bad,so here I sit wanting to ride and camp but winter is here and it's getting cold.

Re: Not ready to stop

Glad to hear you haven't lost the bug.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard

It was an off-year for me, too.

Only three camping trips this year. The Smokey Mountains and Rolling Thunder/Harper's Ferry. Then things got busy until I made my usual camping trek to Sturgis. Along the way I developed serious back pain, but toughed it out until I got back home where I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease.

By the time therapy had got things back to good, there wasn't much opportunity between work and weather to get much more camping in.

So....

Next year, then.

Amish country? My wife and I make trips to the Millersburg and Berlin, Ohio a couple of times every year. Nice area.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by menhir View Post
    It was an off-year for me, too.

Only three camping trips this year. The Smokey Mountains and Rolling Thunder/Harper's Ferry. Then things got busy until I made my usual camping trek to Sturgis. Along the way I developed serious back pain, but toughed it out until I got back home where I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease.

By the time therapy had got things back to good, there wasn't much opportunity between work and weather to get much more camping in.

So....

Next year, then.

Amish country? My wife and I make trips to the Millersburg and Berlin, Ohio a couple of times every year. Nice area.
    That's the area we went to. Sugar creek ,charm, and Berlin.

I haven't done any bike camping in 4+ years now.. not since the wife got hurt. Still have the want.. just not the time etc. I'm not done motocamping yet I don't think.. but it might be awhile before I'm in a place where I can do it the way I've always wanted.

The miles just keep adding up on my VTX... 49,000 in the past 22 months LOL

I feel like I'm slowing down too. Got a few trips in earlier this year and missed a few rally's I usually attend. Only get 3 weeks a year off from work and have started using some of it for camping with family. Summer is gone along with all the hot weather. And as for the weather here in SoCal its cooling off and now I'm looking forward to many weekends in the desert my favorite play e to camp. Just finished a 4 nighter 2 weeks ago and looking forward to more.
    Keith R.
    Sun City, SoCal
    05' Honda GoldWing
    AKA ownst100 STOC 1211