Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camper found and purchased

(Threadstarter)

Re: Camper found and purchased

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Susan and I both prefer to use our Synmat 9 on top of the wood/carpet. I store the foam mattress.
    I looked up the synmat 9. I have not used a good quality air mattress. All I have every used is cheap one,and will take the foam mattress over one of them any day. The mattress in the aspen sentry was hard and we put a memory foam cover over it,and it worked well for us. The more we used it the better the factory mattress got. It seems if it broke in and got softer. It got soft enough that we no longer needed the the mattress cover and worked fine. The LL foam mattress did not feel to hard for the few minutes I layer on it. I wonder if that is because of it age and has broken down some over the years,or I just did not lay on it long enough. You have got my interest with the symat 9. I am not sure about putting air in it every time I set up camp,vs. useing the foam and just crawling in bed. We like leaving the bed made up and ready to use when camper is opened up. That's what we have done with the last 2 campers. I can see the advantages of a air mattress as well. And if they are better to sleep on makes all the difference.

Great looking setup...I tried a few different setups with our Aspen Classic sleeping arrangements...from the lined cover for the mattress, the Synmat 9, a couple different air mattresses. finally a Queen air mattress with a thick cover then fitted sheets...just let the air out when getting ready to travel and a small battery powered hand held pump to do the inflation...allowed more room on the bed for folded stuff...worked well....but you will find a happy medium that works. Main thing is, you got a nice camper, the rest is just making a few adjustments. Good Luck and Happy Travels.

Nice set up, now if you want to keep the rack on top from getting scratched up when it on the ground, I used some 3/4" black poly pipe, the kind they use for sprinkler systems, I split it length wise and forced it over the railing. Its cheep and works great..

What fabricator isn't saying. Is I am really particular about mattresses and I get grouchy when I wake up hurting all over from too hard of a mattress. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.