Thread: Dates for the Missouri Campfire

Dates for the Missouri Campfire

Looks like we're shooting for 20-23 Sept 2018 for the Missouri Campfire.

Because of the traffic and dust we had this year Jeff and I are looking to relocate to a less traveled portion of the campground. If you check out Bass River Resort map of the the campground, we're considering the sites in and around 523 - 530 (520 - 525 is elec and water) all the others are basic. One thing I want to point out is - this area isn't as bunched up as it is on the map; plenty of places for tents and campers. Plus over the past two years, this area has been pretty empty. Perfect for us.

I would hold off on making reservations at this time. Last year around New Years, they sent out a coupon code good for one free night. I personally don't plan on doing anything with reservations until then.

BTW, I did check out the beach and water down there, it's good to go for dipping the toes (and butts).

Re: Dates for the Missouri Campfire

I may try to make this next year. We usually go to the smokie mountains around this time each year. Might be time for a change.

I'm doing my first ever workcamping gig in Wisconsin until the beginning of September. Maybe I can catch this finally, we'll see.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Quote Originally Posted by RJ-97 View Post
    Looks like we're shooting for 20-23 Sept 2018 for the Missouri Campfire.

Because of the traffic and dust we had this year Jeff and I are looking to relocate to a less traveled portion of the campground. If you check out Bass River Resort map of the the campground, we're considering the sites in and around 523 - 530 (520 - 525 is elec and water) all the others are basic. One thing I want to point out is - this area isn't as bunched up as it is on the map; plenty of places for tents and campers. Plus over the past two years, this area has been pretty empty. Perfect for us.

I would hold off on making reservations at this time. Last year around New Years, they sent out a coupon code good for one free night. I personally don't plan on doing anything with reservations until then.

BTW, I did check out the beach and water down there, it's good to go for dipping the toes (and butts).
    I'll keep an eye out for more info later. On another note, did you get my PM about pictures we took during the Tims Ford outing?

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

PM sent

Sounds great Randy. I think that will make for a great area.

Hope we can organize another 4 beer float trip.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Deb and I will be there next year for sure. Had a Great time this year.