Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching for used camper

Hybrid View

Watching for used camper

Wife and I sold the Aliner camper. I am wanting something smaller. We are looking for a leesure lite or Roll-A-Home. I may consider a mini mate as well if the price is right. Downsize and loose the wait along with easy set up. We had a aspen sentry and it was nice but do not want to go with that or similar model this time. Our needs have changed and the way we Motorcyle camp has and is changing. We traveled with everything and then some. We recently took a trip to Hilton Head N.C. And stayed in Hotels. It was good to do that again ,and to travel on the Harley without pulling a trailer was great,but it's just not our thing,and it cost a good amount more. So a small, lite weight camper that can be pulled with the HD or trike is what we are looking for. I prefer to wait until after the 1st of the year. If the price is right I could be persuaded to buy sooner.

Re: Watching for used camper

Quote Originally Posted by fabricater View Post
    Wife and I sold the Aliner camper. I am wanting something smaller. We are looking for a leesure lite or Roll-A-Home. I may consider a mini mate as well if the price is right. Downsize and loose the wait along with easy set up. We had a aspen sentry and it was nice but do not want to go with that or similar model this time. Our needs have changed and the way we Motorcyle camp has and is changing. We traveled with everything and then some. We recently took a trip to Hilton Head N.C. And stayed in Hotels. It was good to do that again ,and to travel on the Harley without pulling a trailer was great,but it's just not our thing,and it cost a good amount more. So a small, lite weight camper that can be pulled with the HD or trike is what we are looking for. I prefer to wait until after the 1st of the year. If the price is right I could be persuaded to buy sooner.
    One for sale in the Kansas City area. Not mine!!! Here's the link. https://kansascity.craigslist.org/rv...361852710.html

You did not mention what price range you would be looking for and how new...

--
    Gordon

Fabricator, I found my Lees-ure Lite on this board 3 years ago. Just put her away for the Winter after spending 52 nights in it this Summer. Used ones are out there, just be patient. I'll keep my eyes open as well and will forward anything I may find. Good hunting.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by msrvpeig View Post
    Fabricator, I found my Lees-ure Lite on this board 3 years ago. Just put her away for the Winter after spending 52 nights in it this Summer. Used ones are out there, just be patient. I'll keep my eyes open as well and will forward anything I may find. Good hunting.
    Thank you for the P.M. and watching for me. I am not very good at searching Craig's list or other sights. I am not in a hurry as winter is up on us. Leesure lite is at the top of the list for us because of weight , size and ease of set up. Rollahome is next on my list as it is about 70 lbs heavier but set up is similar. Mini mate is on my list because of the weight and new price is not bad.However it does not have a floor space that 2 people can get dressed in,but it is still much better than a tent. In the past I have seen good used mini mates for under $1800. So I could make one work for is if it is priced right.

Thank you for the P.M. and watching for me. I am not very good at searching Craig's list or other sights. I am not in a hurry as winter is up on us. Leesure lite is at the top of the list for us because of weight , size and ease of set up. Rollahome is next on my list as it is about 70 lbs heavier but set up is similar. Mini mate is on my list because of the weight and new price is not bad.However it does not have a floor space that 2 people can get dressed in,but it is still much better than a tent. In the past I have seen good used mini mates for under $1800. So I could make one work for is if it is priced right.
    I have had both a MM and now have a LL. I would suggest that if two of you are in it, you don't want the MM. It was great for me alone but the minute Susan started traveling with me it turned into a PITA. All you could do was crawl in a go to bed. No room for anything else. Every time you want any thing, you have to move part of the bed to get to it. The worst thing was getting up in the middle of the night to "water the trees" with two people in there. Sucked for sure.
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I have had both a MM and now have a LL. I would suggest that if two of you are in it, you don't want the MM. It was great for me alone but the minute Susan started traveling with me it turned into a PITA. All you could do was crawl in a go to bed. No room for anything else. Every time you want any thing, you have to move part of the bed to get to it. The worst thing was getting up in the middle of the night to "water the trees" with two people in there. Sucked for sure.
    That is my thoughts on the mini mate. Great camper for 1 person but 2 would be crowded.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    You did not mention what price range you would be looking for and how new...

--
    Gordon
    Right now I am looking for a good deal. When spring rolls around I will be looking at market value.

Right now I am looking for a good deal. When spring rolls around I will be looking at market value.
    How much are you looking to spend..... $1000 or $4000...??

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    How much are you looking to spend..... $1000 or $4000...??
    A new leesure lite is 6 to 7 thousand ,so depending on year I would think 3 to 4 thousand would be a good deal. A new rollahome is 5 or 6 thousand so I would think 3500 would be a good buy depending on year. A mini mate is around 3 thousand new so 1500 would be a good deal. When summer rolls around and I still don't have a camper paying the price for a new one won't seem to bad.