Thread: Tpms fyi

Tpms fyi

I ride a Wing and went Darkside a couple of years ago. The wing has TPMS, but with the rear car tire that became a non-sequitor. After being in a conversation about car tires and towing, I bought an after market TPMS and installed the sensors on the bike. I am passing this along as a helpful hint, especially if you are using a run flat car tire. With a push of a button I can see what my tire pressures are. The TPMS gives me a peace of mind that I did not have before and the upside is that I don't have to get down on the garage floor or ground to check my tire pressure.

Re: Tpms fyi

FYI
    If you use a tire balancing product like Dyna Beads or Ride-On, make sure it's compatible with your TPMS system.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

The Dynabeads or Counteract beads have no effect on the TPMS as I have used them both. There is an article on one of the MC boards that discussed Rideon could possibly damage the factory TPMS sensors(Goldwing). YMMV

I just wanted people to be aware of the following issue mentioned on the Dyna Beads (http://www.innovativebalancing.com) website.

Q: Can I use Dyna Beads with my Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)?

A: Most TPMS sensors that thread onto the valve stem, such as the Pressure Pro, will require a filtered valve core.
    Note: If your wheels have a TPMS system that is an integral part of the valve stem, Dyna Beads will not cause any problems, but you won't be able to install the beads using the Applicator.