Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 events?

2018 events?

Boss at work needs us to plan out our 2018 vacation time by Nov 1. We would like to attend as many camp out events as possible. When do most start to post event dates for next year?

Re: 2018 events?

Hmmm, what I have seen, some folks start posting the "traditional" ones in the 1st quarter but not always. Some events get posted much later in the year. This is a link kind of explaining how we do events. http://www.motocampers.com/forums/sh...ts-Please-Read

As you can see they are very unstructured and no one person is "in charge" until they say they are running it
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

https://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/

Start the camping season with this event, Have to go at least one time not to far for you guys.

I am trying for Oct 18-20 for next year's Blackwater Falls campout BUT I have to get my own vaca spots in stone 1st so I have to post it when I find out..

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

The last few years the Chill Out has been the second weekend of June, which will be the 7th through the 9th this year coming up. I haven't talked to Lori yet, but she normally keeps this date open for us. Hope you all can make it!
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Moonshine should be on the campout list for sure. In the past they have offered FREE camping on the family farm and even though the farm has been sold, the new owners still allow camping.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    I am trying for Oct 18-20 for next year's Blackwater Falls campout BUT I have to get my own vaca spots in stone 1st so I have to post it when I find out..
    This seemed to be too late in the season for everyone this year... Maybe earlier in October?
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    This seemed to be too late in the season for everyone this year... Maybe earlier in October?
    I sort of knew that and I have a car for protection BUT I wanted to see more colour which can be hit and miss that way I guess..I wont go into Nov with this just to get colour either and then nobody would come! HAHA! not even me...if I put it a week earlier it cuts into another campout that same week..can I ask peeps if I move the date to Oct 11-13 would u be more likely to come? Please answer quickly as I have to put in for my vaca pics by Nov 2...if not I am putting the dates to Oct 18-20...BTW I guess if I am trying to arrange a waterfall tour colour wont matter as much,keep this in mind..

October 11-13 works for me.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    I sort of knew that and I have a car for protection BUT I wanted to see more colour which can be hit and miss that way I guess..I wont go into Nov with this just to get colour either and then nobody would come! HAHA! not even me...if I put it a week earlier it cuts into another campout that same week..can I ask peeps if I move the date to Oct 11-13 would u be more likely to come? Please answer quickly as I have to put in for my vaca pics by Nov 2...if not I am putting the dates to Oct 18-20...BTW I guess if I am trying to arrange a waterfall tour colour wont matter as much,keep this in mind..
    For my part, if the events are scheduled early enough, I try to plan but this past year was not a good one. Between health and family issues, I did not make one. So, I say plan as early as possible and those that can show up, will show up.