Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Slip Stream camper

(Threadstarter)

Re: Slip Stream camper

Quote Originally Posted by wa5vhu View Post
    That is even the right color but he doesn't want to sell separately.

Quote Originally Posted by blacktruck View Post
    One of the reasons I am looking at something like that is exactly what you are saying. I plan to use my Burgman 650. I think the power to pull won't be an issue but as you mentioned, stopping it kinda concerns me. I wouldn't feel too bad with about a mid 200 lb trailer but get gun shy above much over that.
    How big are the brakes on a Burgman? Does yours have ABS? What I have observed you probably would have no problem handling the Slipstream behind your Burgman. You might find you would have to limit your speed due to lack of displacement. I'm going to guess 55 to 60 would be about it. I would also have a concern with the automatic clutch.
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Quote Originally Posted by blacktruck View Post
    ...I think the power to pull won't be an issue but as you mentioned, stopping it kinda concerns me....
    It's not about pulling, it's about towing!
    2014 Roll-A-Home
    Harbor Freight Tag-Along
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS (His)
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited (Hers)

the bicicle camper is a fun novelty but when you add the on road use axle the weight jumps up from 400 its to tall to narrow to heavy ("600cc"bike) to expensive plus shipping and import tax there are to many other lighter choices in the U.S.A. at much more reasonable prices

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by BeemMeUp View Post
    How big are the brakes on a Burgman? Does yours have ABS? What I have observed you probably would have no problem handling the Slipstream behind your Burgman. You might find you would have to limit your speed due to lack of displacement. I'm going to guess 55 to 60 would be about it. I would also have a concern with the automatic clutch.
    ABS, check.
    Speed limit, 60 would be my target if conditions warrant it.
    I think the CVT would be okay as long as it was not abused. The drag created by a small trailer loaded properly would be similar to the extra drag induced by carrying a passenger or having the bike heavily loaded. If I was pulling/towing a trailer slow and easy and steady would be the words I would use to describe my driving style. I used to have a trailer behind my Venture but it was not a camper. I wish that I would have known about this back when I had it. Pulling the trailer was never an issue for me. It was handy to have on many occasions. Now I want to replicate on my Burgman.