Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slip Stream camper

(Threadstarter)

Re: Slip Stream camper

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    I've seen some stories on the guy that designed these. I like the idea of what he was after. Not sure if there were more options for it like something to shed the rain if needed. I like the idea of a camper for the bike but do not like the idea of a trailer that weighs as much as some I have seen. Small bike and I want to travel light.

I loved the idea of that Idaho Bedroll.. he had some video's out there of his prototype and he's used it extensively already. The one thing I never really understood was how it was going to keep you dry if it rained.. when it pulls apart the one side has a canvas side.. but the top is open. I imagine the price is going to be pretty high considering they aren't going to be making them by the thousands if they ever do start selling them commercially, but for just a place to sleep behind a bike and bring a few things that is the cat's meow.

Quote Originally Posted by blacktruck View Post
    Interesting looking camper. That's pretty much what I want. Small and lightweight. I've never seen anything on that particular one before. No contact info and it is a few months old. The Slipstream will barely be long enough but I can put up with that. I'll fit and if my GF goes, she will have plenty of room. Lightweight is the key thing I am after. The pics of the guys and Burgmans are what I am hoping to do. A little traveling and camping with friends.
    I flipped the brochure over so I could read it and the Cycle Sleeper was made in Conestoga, PA, which is a suburb of Lancaster, PA, where the one in the Craigslist ad is for sale. It either didn't go too far or may be from the factory owner? A bit of history here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76 Cycle Sleeper.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	341.4 KB 
ID:	21760
    2014 Roll-A-Home
    Harbor Freight Tag-Along
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS (His)
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited (Hers)

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by wa5vhu View Post
    I flipped the brochure over so I could read it and the Cycle Sleeper was made in Conestoga, PA, which is a suburb of Lancaster, PA, where the one in the Craigslist ad is for sale. It either didn't go too far or may be from the factory owner? A bit of history here?
    I had checked it out with a search engine also. I didn't find much on how long they were made but I did see a few online for sale. I checked a few of those and they were old posts. Interesting looking set up. I like the idea of that one or the Idaho Bedroll. Minimalistic trailering at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by blacktruck View Post
    Minimalistic trailering at it's best.
    Another option you might want to research.

https://www.widepathcamper.eu/bicycle-camper/
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Why they don't have something like this for mc use is beyond me.. but that thing won't work on a MC. It will never handle the speed etc behind a bike.. it's got a glorified bicycle tire on it. Other than that it's cool as all get out!

The Widepath 'Homie' has high speed wheels and the dimensions would work behind a bike... but is scary high on a windy day. I like the concept tho...B.
    2008 GL1800
    CSC Escapade Elite cargo trailer
    Kwik Kamp camper trailer

The bicycle one does not list an empty weight but the homie is a whopping 180 kg. In our world that is pushing 400 lbs.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    Another option you might want to research.

https://www.widepathcamper.eu/bicycle-camper/
    Neat concept. For a pedal powered bike it looks okay but I bet still a handful on a day with some wind. The Slipstream so far seems to be the smallest camper I've seen for a motorcycle. I like some of the others out there but the weight puts them in the class of a GW or HD Ultra or similar. I just want a place to sleep for one or two that is off the ground. Fiberglass seems to be the material of choice but I wish there was something lighter.

If you want something lighter, just purchase a used cargo trailer (maybe a Bushtec), get a tent and a cot. You are now lightweight and off the ground.