Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: What I saw last night and do you have one?

  1. #1
    Site Supporter dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,687

    What I saw last night and do you have one?

    Went out to dinner last night and REI is located right next door so my after dinner walk included a tour of the store. The had an REI Kingdom 4 on display. I was amazed at how much more actual room was available than in in my REI Camp Dome 4

    There was a full size cot and chair inside and there was still room for me to stand up, change clothing, and actually walk around in the tent. I have to assume it is because of the difference in how the walls are shaped that make the difference. There is only 21 inches difference in the floor space but it seems like a whole lot more.

    I was so impressed I asked if I could take it down and put it back up. Being only 5'2" tall some tents are a real PITA to put up/take down. Not this one. I was able to take it down, put it in the sacks, and put it back up in under 25 minutes.

    So does anyone have the Kingdom 4 or 6? What is your real world take on it?
    Deb

    2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

  2. #2
    Site Supporter Bluetick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Marys, PA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: What I saw last night and do you have one?

    Thinking of getting rid of the camper and going back to a tent?
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

  3. #3
    Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: What I saw last night and do you have one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    Thinking of getting rid of the camper and going back to a tent?
    Not thinking of getting rid of the LL but a number of times my nephews tag along, and once we get moved to Ohio there are even more nieces and nephews, so I like having a tent or two for additional sleeping quarters.

  4. #4
    #%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: What I saw last night and do you have one?

    Deb I'm thinking that maybe Blues Traveler might have had one at one time. Check his profile, he has an REI tent in his gear pics. Not sure if it is the one you are speaking of. He probably did a review of it.
    Steve

    2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

  5. #5
    Moderator lytle1gw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    McLeansboro,illinois
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,388

    Re: What I saw last night and do you have one?

    Deb we have a Kingdome 6, or had gave it to son for his family. It has a ton of room but putting the top connecting poles is a little difficult if your height challenged. Other than that it is easy to put up and will hold cots with plenty of space, we had the garage with it so had a lot of sitting space outside of the screened area. Decided that if we camp off of bike anymore will go with a little smaller, to fit on most tent pads.
    Gary

    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

  6. #6
    Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: What I saw last night and do you have one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    Deb I'm thinking that maybe Blues Traveler might have had one at one time. Check his profile, he has an REI tent in his gear pics. Not sure if it is the one you are speaking of. He probably did a review of it.
    My search appears to not work so well or at least I don't Thanks...I will dig around more.

  7. #7
    Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: What I saw last night and do you have one?

    Quote Originally Posted by lytle1gw View Post
    Deb we have a Kingdome 6, or had gave it to son for his family. It has a ton of room but putting the top connecting poles is a little difficult if your height challenged. Other than that it is easy to put up and will hold cots with plenty of space, we had the garage with it so had a lot of sitting space outside of the screened area. Decided that if we camp off of bike anymore will go with a little smaller, to fit on most tent pads.
    Thanks for the information. I am not only height challenged but short is more like it I did not try the 6 but was able to set up the 4.

  8. #8
    kayakinbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario,Canada
    Age
    62
    Posts
    3,205

    Re: What I saw last night and do you have one?

    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Not thinking of getting rid of the LL but a number of times my nephews tag along, and once we get moved to Ohio there are even more nieces and nephews, so I like having a tent or two for additional sleeping quarters.
    What part of Ohio r u moving to Deb?

  9. #9
    kayakinbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario,Canada
    Age
    62
    Posts
    3,205

    Re: What I saw last night and do you have one?

    That's a nice tent! I got a steal on a Kelty this year after I mentioned in a thread for my camping experience in July in my 3X used tent,once I put a cot in it..I had to buy a new tent so we had enough room to put a cot in, well I bought a 3X used Kelty off a FB friend and saved a ton of dough and this one will do when I am solo with the kids aka dogs.

  10. #10
    Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: What I saw last night and do you have one?

    Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    What part of Ohio r u moving to Deb?
    Very far NW corner on 7.3 wooded acres. I have already picked out the "camping" area.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •