Thread: First post: New Deluxe Timeout : Question on your favorite Fla Campground

Cool First post: New Deluxe Timeout : Question on your favorite Fla Campground

This is my first post and sure appreciate all the great information you guys have posted on this forum . I'm picking up my deluxe time out camper from openroadoutfitters.com down in Fort Myers later this week. Dale has put so much great informative out there that made the choice easy. I am so excited about picking up my trailer and even more about camping my first night .

Question to all : What campground would you recommend for my first camping trip anywhere in the state of Florida? Does not have to have power or facilities, but I certainly don't mind either. Something not over crowded that has nice natural scenery.

Also: what is your favorite take along item. Example: I'm taking a hand pump nespresso coffee maker that needs no power.

Thanks ! ZAMM

Re: First post: New Deluxe Timeout : Question on your favorite Fla Campground

We have camped at the Kissimmee KOA many times. Great facilities, only about 100 sites. Great people and easy accessibility tomDisney! Also Nova campground in Daytona Beach. Also very nice campground!

Re: First post: New Deluxe Timeout : Question on your favorite Fla Campground

Welcome aboard, and you have made a great choice in camper selection. We like anyplace in the Ocala National Forest, especially Salt Springs...two areas, one with all sorts of hookups and another primitive down near the river. Loved them both...but it is very busy from now till April or so...especially the full hookup sites, but should find space in the primitive...but there is a nice bath facility in the primitive. Liked the Suwannee River SP further up north as well...just to many really nice places in Florida to mention...just close your eyes and pick one...about any of the SP are nice. You'll enjoy about any of them, especially in that new camper.