Thread: Reeds Gap State Park

Reeds Gap State Park

Decided to go camping this weekend and using www.dcnr.state.pa.us website I was able to find available campsites for the weekend. They have a nice feature that will locate available sites at multiple locations.

For this trip we will go to Reeds Gap State Park. Reeds Gap State Park is 220 acres of wilderness in the New Lancaster Valley of Mifflin County. Large hemlocks and white pines cast cool shadows over Honey Creek, which flows through the park. This location has hot showers and clean facilities, but the big draw to me was just 14 campsites. Also there are NO RV'ers allowed! I did inquire if our smaller M/C popups (Bunkhouse, Roll-a-Home, etc) are allowed and YES they are! Pets are allowed. Fire ring and picnic table in each site. There are pictures available of each site..I was informed that site #6 may not be useable for one of our popups. Will provide pictures later.

tents only, pets permitted on all sites.

This activity or structure is ADA accessible.

The 14-site campground is for tents only and opens the second Friday in April and closes the third Sunday in October.

Water is by Site #6.

The shower house is by Parking Lot B across State Park Road.

Getting There:
    GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
    40.7232, -77.47504
    4043'24"N, 7728'30"W

Reeds Gap is reached from US 322 at the Milroy Exit. Follow park signs for seven miles.
    Contact Information:
    Mailing Address:
    REEDS GAP STATE PARK
    1405 NEW LANCASTER VALLEY ROAD
    MILROY PA 17063
    Phone Number:
    Information: 7176673622

Within 10 Miles
    Nearest Camp Store Outside The Campground
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 30,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

Re: Reeds Gap State Park

Been to Reeds Gap many times but never camped there.
    The bathroom and showers are an easy walk from the camping.
    You’ll be glad you’re bringing your camper, I remember the
    campsites being “rocky”.
    I stopped going there after they removed the pool.
    Beautiful roads in the surrounding area. Have fun.

ILIKEYMYWING!
    (Threadstarter)

Really nice campground, most of the tent spots appear to be level, but the area is very rocky! Our site #5 was very close to a restroom without showers and the showers were about a 3-5 minute walk from there. Only bad thing I can think of was that there was only a single shower to be shared amongst the the 14 campsites. Great hot water and good water pressure.Camp office is not open on the weekend and there was no purchasable fire wood to be found close by, however there was plenty of firewood to be gathered while walking the trails. There were a couple very nice trails in the area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0524.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	338.2 KB 
ID:	21597

THAT would be a place I would love to camp at! Love the stream that flows thru there! I would feel like I was at home as I now have a waterfall in my back yard and that stream would do it 4 me! Maybe a campout there sometime?......u can prolly put more than 1 bike on a site and maybe 2 tents..