Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Guy Pod? Anyone?

Little Guy Pod? Anyone?

Hello all ,I was wondering if anyone had one and their opinions on it and how it tows behind the motorcycle? http://golittleguy.com/trailer/model/mypod/36/

Re: Little Guy Pod? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.scootinn View Post
    Hello all ,I was wondering if anyone had one and their opinions on it and how it tows behind the motorcycle? http://golittleguy.com/trailer/model/mypod/36/
    Over 500# empty. Loaded it would be too heavy for a bike, IMHO. Although I did see a Harley trike pulling one yesterday.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard

2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

I never got the allure of a tiny teardrop type trailer. They are cute but all you have room for inside is to crawl in the door and lay down on the bed. No cooking/dining/entertainment table and chairs, no room to stand up and get dressed, just a tiny bed in a heavy package.

I like our pop-up. It starts out at about 300 lbs., has a king-sized bed and a separate living room/kitchen/dressing room that has a ceiling as high as I can reach. When it rained on our last trip to the beach we sat inside at the table and read, surfed on the computer, operated HF Amateur Radio or could lay on the bed as we wished.
    2014 Roll-A-Home
    Harbor Freight Tag-Along
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS (His)
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited (Hers)

Quote Originally Posted by wa5vhu View Post
    I never got the allure of a tiny teardrop type trailer. They are cute but all you have room for inside is to crawl in the door and lay down on the bed. No cooking/dining/entertainment table and chairs, no room to stand up and get dressed, just a tiny bed in a heavy package.

I like our pop-up. It starts out at about 300 lbs., has a king-sized bed and a separate living room/kitchen/dressing room that has a ceiling as high as I can reach. When it rained on our last trip to the beach we sat inside at the table and read, surfed on the computer, operated HF Amateur Radio or could lay on the bed as we wished.
    One of the wife's friends has one of the tear drop campers, they pull it with a 1800 'Wing. It's more then I'd want to pull.

The RAH starts out pretty close to 400, doesn't it? Don't forget when you're sitting inside watching the rain outside, you don't have to worry about getting your feet wet like the other campers since you've got a real floor under you...
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

We looked and we like them, just thought they were too heavy........
    RIDE TO LIVE !

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    One of the wife's friends has one of the tear drop campers, they pull it with a 1800 'Wing. It's more then I'd want to pull.

The RAH starts out pretty close to 400, doesn't it? Don't forget when you're sitting inside watching the rain outside, you don't have to worry about getting your feet wet like the other campers since you've got a real floor under you...
    Yes, the wide bed (king) is 385 lbs empty. We don't get our feet wet unless the rain gets over 3" deep as the RAH has a solid floor that is 3" off the ground. The roof (top) of the closed trailer with the luggage rack on the top opens like a flip phone and becomes the floor and the former luggage rack sits on the ground.

There are other brands similar that do sit on the ground, the RAH is not one of them, that's why we chose the RAH or would have chosen a Lees-ure Lite if a used one was available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00k0k_bZ6xLWbc4cm_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	21437 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00R0R_4B7InUJqrkN_1200x900 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	21438

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by wa5vhu View Post
    Yes, the wide bed (king) is 385 lbs empty. We don't get our feet wet unless the rain gets over 3" deep as the RAH has a solid floor that is 3" off the ground. The roof (top) of the closed trailer with the luggage rack on the top opens like a flip phone and becomes the floor and the former luggage rack sits on the ground.

There are other brands similar that do sit on the ground, the RAH is not one of them, that's why we chose the RAH or would have chosen a Lees-ure Lite if a used one was available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00k0k_bZ6xLWbc4cm_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	21437 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00R0R_4B7InUJqrkN_1200x900 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	21438
    What Us the tongue weight loaded? To me tongue weight & stopping the most important ! they are heavy for sure 55! tongue weight but could add a rack in back and get tongue weight even lighter! I like about 35lb-The big advantage I see is ,full in closement from elements & no set up so you could actually use a Wal-Mart,truck stops rest area while traveling!

I'm not sure what my tongue weight is when loaded, I know it's heavy but I don't think it's that (55#) heavy. I've found that most trailers seem to pull better with a heavy tongue. As far as stopping, it has electric brakes...

Quote Originally Posted by trikerdan View Post
    We looked and we like them, just thought they were too heavy........
    I wouldn't think the extra (less then) hundred pounds would be that big of a deal with a trike. Does a trike seem too heavy compared to a two wheel bike?