Thread: Trip to Glacier, Banff/Jasper Icefields and Mt Ranier

Trip to Glacier, Banff/Jasper Icefields and Mt Ranier

I have difficulty posting photos on this site. Just returned yesterday from a 13 day, 6,616 mile trip. My wife rode with me to Glacier and the Alberta Icefields and I dropped her off in Spokane Washington on Sunday to fly home. I swung by Yellowstone and Grand Tetons on way home.
    Since it's harder to post pics here than at Gl1800riders, attached is a link to my trip and photos if anyone is interested.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/7-rid...nada-trip.html
    2012 Goldwing & matching Hannigan GL trailer
    Windbender, Traxxion triple tree & AK20 struts
    Michelin Alpin ZP rear tire
    2016 Roll-A-Home camper

E. Iowa, Overnite Camping 15mi off Hwy 20

Re: Trip to Glacier, Banff/Jasper Icefields and Mt Ranier

Excellent pictures, looks like a wonderful trip. We've been to Yellowstone and Glacier, want to get back and get into Canada.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Great pics, thanks for sharing them! Those are some of my favorite areas to travel.
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Loved the pix. Thanks.
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

(Threadstarter)

It really was a great trip. Weather was incredible except for on my way home on Monday and Tuesday. Monday dodged a bit of rain and Tuesday just had some HOT weather in NE and KS
    Thanks for compliments on photos

Quote Originally Posted by bbalzer View Post
    I have difficulty posting photos on this site. Just returned yesterday from a 13 day, 6,616 mile trip. My wife rode with me to Glacier and the Alberta Icefields and I dropped her off in Spokane Washington on Sunday to fly home. I swung by Yellowstone and Grand Tetons on way home.
    Since it's harder to post pics here than at Gl1800riders, attached is a link to my trip and photos if anyone is interested.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/7-rid...nada-trip.html
    What a trip, and with plenty of photos...Were you ever apprehensive at any of your camping stops about the possibility of big hairy creatures with LONG, sharp toenails coming into your camper while you were sleeping? Never really understood how a bear could(or wanted to) distinguish between the smell of a human and that of something else tasty...

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    What a trip, and with plenty of photos...Were you ever apprehensive at any of your camping stops about the possibility of big hairy creatures with LONG, sharp toenails coming into your camper while you were sleeping? Never really understood how a bear could(or wanted to) distinguish between the smell of a human and that of something else tasty...
    We did take bear spray along. But I don't think either one of us ever really thought much about a bear bothering us. We kept all out food and cosmetic p/toiletries in the park "bear lockers". We were very diligent about that. Now the European man that was in the ladies shower with his wife and kids taking their communal shower really posed my wife off. She really let him have it, but she said he either didn't understand or just plain didn't care. An oriental lady that walked in the shower room was really offended. My wife asked one of the park rangers if that was normal in Canada for the men to use the women's showers..(kiddingly). He said it was absolutely not all right. A young lady that was there wondered if he was transgender since then it was "ok" cause that was a "safe zone"... oh that lit my wife up...."I don't care if HE is the Queen of Sheba, he has no right being in here". She also pointed out to the young lady that she thought she was an ...... well, I probably should just leave it at that. It was a good trip though.

^^^^I guess this would be another take on "ADVENTURE-TOURING"...

Thanks for the preview. I leave on July 31st for Alaska via Glacier, Banff, Jasper, etc. The nervous excitement is really starting to ramp up!

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellolake View Post
    Thanks for the preview. I leave on July 31st for Alaska via Glacier, Banff, Jasper, etc. The nervous excitement is really starting to ramp up!
    I wish you the best. We had absolutely great weather. LOTS of people. If there is any particular place you want to go, I suggest being there at least by 7am. The road to Morraine Lake was closed due to parking limits before 8 am I believe. Such an absolutely beautiful place