Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever lost your Cell Phone?

Re: Ever lost your Cell Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by buttset View Post

Do you depend on your Cell? Could you go a month with out it?
    I guess I must be "old school" ... I don't depend on a cell phone ... .
    I only carry one on occasion and hardly ever use it.
    I can get along without one just fine ... Just like before they became "indispensable" ...
    So, the answer to wether or not I could go a month without one would be ... YES! ...

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

No, 2nd qtn Yes.

Yep I have lost two while riding the Wing.

First time it popped of the mount after hitting a bump on the way to work going down the interstate.

Second one I lost the same way between Louisville and Lexington KY on the way to Nassir 7. No more phone mounts on the wing. I just stick it in the glove box while riding now.

Both was with two different style Ram Mount phone holders. Ram sent me the second one after I called and complained about losing my phone. They claimed the one they sent me was a better mount.
    "Sappers Lead the Way"
    US Army (Retired) Combat Engineer

While 2 days out on a 2 week trip I lost my phone after spending the night in Cottage Grove Oregon. While packing the bike and getting ready to leave I left it sitting on the front fender/beak of my BMW GSA. I didn't get very far down the road when I realized what I had done. I turned around and search and covered the road in search for my phone laying somewhere in the road, no luck. Being it was my only source of contact with home I began to panic. Stopped and decided to try calling it just in case someone picked it up. I called it rang and someone actually answered. They said had seen it laying in the street and picked it up and continued on to work and I could stop by and pick it up. About 50 miles later at a construction site in Eugene we met up and he handed me my phone. I offered a reward and he refused said he was just glad to be able to return it.

As for could I go without my phone for a month? not a problem. I am not addicted to my phone in anyway and refuse to be one of those who are. For road trips and emergencies it is a nice thing to have along. I recently after many years just last week cancelled my SPOT subscription because these days if needed the phone will now do what it couldn't do many years ago.
    Keith R.
    Sun City, SoCal
    05' Honda GoldWing
    AKA ownst100 STOC 1211

Twice my dad lost his, both times it came back a little cleaner. My mother refuses to check my dad pants pockets any more when she does wash.

So his good old trusty Motorola Razor has been washed twice and dried once.
    Outside screen cracked, but it still works.

When I was dong a solo trip out through Utah I saw a pretty canyon formation while cruising down the road. I was trying to make time so I didn't want to stop for a proper picture with the camers, just a quick shot with the phone would work. With no cars in visible distance I grabbed it out of the mount and held it up over the windscreen for a quick shot. Got the picture, got a nother and tried for a third. Got it! Then I saw a car coming head-on, but still a 1/4 mile out. Being safe I decide to put the phone back. Reached down and snapped it into the holder, or so I thought. Took my hand away and felt the phone slide... while doing 70+ mph across Hwy 12 I felt my phone fall past my knee. That's not good.

Quick stop on the shoulder and I looked back expecting the oncoming car to run right over it. Nope. So I started walking back up the road. A car is now coming up behind me so I step a little out into the highway hoping it'll hug the other lane and avoid running over my phone that should be somewhere right behind me.

Nope!

At 70+ mph a tumbling phone does not fall, slide or break apart in a straight line. I found a back plate piece here, a battery there, a case piece over there and the other case piece here and the main phone was over yonder too. Little spider web in the lower corner, two thin and hardly visible crack are all the way across he screen Snap it all back together and it powers right up!

Forever in time moving forward I will spend the money for an Otter Defender case. I'm sold!
    '05 ST1300 - 1987 TravelLite p'up, 1999 Roll-A-Home
    While you're alive, shine: never let your mood decline. We've a brief span of life to spend: Time necessitates an end.

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    I guess I must be "old school" ... I don't depend on a cell phone ... .
    I only carry one on occasion and hardly ever use it.
    I can get along without one just fine ... Just like before they became "indispensable" ...
    So, the answer to wether or not I could go a month without one would be ... YES! ...

G
    I'm with you, don't even turn it on for days...
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Ask GailForce what happened to his phone on the way to the Northwoods campout.

Took the Wing and went to visit a buddy…35 miles away.

Visited, then into his garage, readied to leave for home. Put my phone and billfold on the backseat. Off I road.

Got home and they were both where I left them.

Explanation: Wing is smooth, Saddlemen Road Sofa
    is rounded up at the edges … and God loves me.

Fill

’94 GL 1500 SE Extras: SIRUS Satellite Radio, Garmin GPS, SADDLEMAN Road Sofa and Touring Luggage, Touring Floodlights, Multiple Deer Whistles.
    Pulling an ’80 Eagle 1 Trailer or ’12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
    GWRRA / IBMC, TT. KOA

Ya, I lost mine once but Jack at Hunt's found it for me... with his lawn mower.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cellphone.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	21427

Yeah, a friend of mine and I were fishing in a canoe once and I couldn't find my phone. I used my buddy's phone and called my wife. Her response was "I will call your phone and look for the bubbles when it rings (she's a blonde).